Electric shower head
The oven does not work in an electric stove
When the oven of an electric stove does not work and does not turn on, the reasons can be very different: among them are simple, which you can well fix it yourself (problems with a socket or cable of power), and complex ones that can only be repaired by a qualified professional master, for example,, for example, Management of the control module or problems in the internal wiring.
What to do if the oven of an electric stove, a hob or an induction stove Bosch, Ariston, Hansa, Beko and other brands is not turned on. Further in this article we will tell you how to clarify the root cause of the breakdown, and what is better to undertake in such a situation.
In most cases, the lack of electricity is to blame, but the reasons for this may be different. In modern devices, sometimes the inclusion of the heating element blocks its electronics, for example, with a faulty thermostat.
The oven does not work at all
If the oven does not warm, you first need to check the obvious reasons, for example, the lack of power supply of an oven or the entire stove: the possible reasons and ways to solve the problem can be read on our website “The oven does not work“.
One of the most common causes of poorly warming oven. Bruttered or damaged heating element: upper or lower heating element. They can be checked visually: there should not be any dark spots, bloating, cracks and other mechanical damage on a serviceable heater, after turning on the oven, the heater is red. For a more accurate diagnosis, the heating element must be “calling” with a special device. The burned heater will have to be replaced. By the way, in modern plates, one burned heating element can block the inclusion of the entire electric stove.
How to repair electric duch on your own?
Speaking of an electric stove, we mean a combined device of the oven and the hob, which are enclosed in one metal box. Therefore, before the start of the repair, you need to understand how to get to the oven itself. After all, a visual examination from the inside will practically not give any information about the problem.
To understand what you can encounter inside, you need to know the design of the plate. This knowledge will help not get confused when disassembling and repairing the oven.
Malfunctions in the operation of the control panel
The control panel is responsible for the normal operation of the oven. She accepts the “commands” and transfers to working elements. It is the control module that ensures the correct operation of the oven
Since this is a technically complex device, it should be replaced to guarantee uninterrupted operation in the future.
The main reasons why the built.in electric oven does not work is improper operation or care. Aggressive kitchen conditions. elevated temperatures, humidity, intensive use, dirt and fat. lead to the fact that even reliable devices stop working.
This is not a reason to part with the usual assistant and go to the store for new. Replacing a broken part is easier and cheaper. Nevertheless, you should not do this yourself, it is more reasonable to entrust the repair of the oven to the specialists “Master-Don”. Only in this case can the long and good operation of the oven can be guaranteed.
When an electric stove does not work with an induction hob, a possible cause of this may be a network switch or a special fuse. it melts with an increase in voltage, turning off the entire electric circuit. The contacts between the control unit and the power supply or between it and the sensory panel may not be included for various reasons due to the oxidation or the formation of soot. Only a specialist can figure out all the difficulties. here you need to change the fireplace block or a touch control panel.
Weak heating of the surface of the induction flax of an electric plate can occur due to the fact that the bottom of the dishes is much smaller than the diameter of the latter, or there is no sufficient contact-dishes with a deformed bottom. Smart burners do not heat up in this case. To eliminate the malfunction, you need to use only special dishes, which is suitable for the induction hob.
Another cause of poor heating is the loose fit of the block of fireplace on the inside of the glass.ceramic slab. In this case, it is necessary to adjust the springs of the clamping device. This can also happen with a strong overheating of the induction winding, which occurs extremely rarely.
The burner does not work
Very often, such problems in the work of firepower with induction occur through the fault of the user:
- The diameter of the bottom of the dishes should be at least 12 cm. this will provide a sufficient area of contact with the hob;
- The thickness of the bottom should be in the limit of 2-6 mm;
- First they choose a burner, place dishes on it, and then the power of the cooking mode is installed.
Will My Gas Stove Still Work When the Power Goes Out?
If the operating rules are fulfilled and the recommended dishes are used, then the reason for the refusal may be this:
- The temperature sensor failed;
- There is no heating of the couple of fireplace on the left. their connection with a power board and control unit is disturbed;
- When the same happens with the right block. there is no contact in the terminal box, it is necessary to check the fuse, if you burned out, install a new.
With such malfunctions, it is necessary to call the master from the service, and not open the electric stove. only he is able to make the correct diagnosis to determine the problem with the power supply, control or the conferences themselves. For small repair of electric stoves, minimal skills and knowledge are required, in the case of large breakdowns. contact professionals.
Councils of specialists
Distribution specialists advise paying attention to the following moments:
- Some models of gas plates have plastic cranes worn on the stem through a metal plate, which is inserted into the groove. The handles begin to sprinkle as they operate, the plate flies away and is simply lost. The problem can be solved. It is necessary to take a metal cover for canning and cut the plate suitable size on it. By inserting the part into the groove on the handle, you can avoid such a delicate problem.
- Fire extinguishing is associated not only with gas lack or small amount of incoming oxygen. The problem may be the iron part, which is located next to the burner, heats up and is the reason for the formation of current. It delays the magnetic valve in the working position and may prevent gas flow to the burner. The problem is solved by sandpaper: the details are cleaned with it.
Not only gas stoves break. On our site there are useful materials about breakdowns and repair of electric stoves and their ovens, induction plates, hobs, ceramic and glass.ceramic.
Construction and device of the plate
Usually all electric stoves have an identical structure. The differences are only in the private details of certain nodes:
- Hob. This is the upper part of the device with burners. It is cooking on it. It can be made in the form of separate firewood firewalls or metal heating. It can also have a glass.ceramic coating (how to repair slabs made of glass ceramics?).
- Control Panel. It houses the main temperature controllers for each burner and separately for the stove.
- Oven control unit. Most often it is an independent programmable device.
- Oven. Most of the electric stove, the temperature in which can reach 300º. The oven can be additionally equipped with an external heating plane (grill) and a fan to create convection.
- Lower open shelf. Serves to store baking sheets, gratings, and other small kitchen belongings. Including the function of the air barrier, which protects the flooring of the room from excessive heating.
- Metal walls. The rear and side steel sheets covering the insides of the electric stove from moisture, dirt and other litter.
Inside the electric stove there are many power wires that are suitable for both burners and oven cabinet. It is important not to confuse them during the repair, and at the end of the work, connect in their places.
The heating elements of the oven constantly work in critical mode. Determine whether the heater works is quite simple. To do this, turn on the oven for the corresponding heating mode and check the temperature by touching the hand in the kitchen mittens. The method works, however, for a more accurate result, it is better to use a pyrometer. The device will clearly show the uniformity of heating over the area, indicate the maximum temperature in a given mode. This will diagnose a “burnt” heating element not only completely, but also partially.
Heaters are replaced after disassembling the case, buying the appropriate part is not difficult. A specific marking can be found after removing the heater or according to the reference data of your electric admiration model.
In order for the oven to serve as long as possible, it is necessary to adopt several recommendations. Most manufacturers indicate them in the instructions for the equipment. Tips are simple and will help to avoid many problems.
- Cleaning and other maintenance only with disconnected equipment.
- To process internal sections, use soft rags. Hard brushes or metal sponges noticeably better cope with burning and remnants of fat, but leave deep scratches. And this will open the doors for corrosion.
- To remove old fat, if such a regime is not provided for local functionality, it is enough to heat the camera up to 50 ° C, turn off the equipment, and then wipe the surface with a slightly damp rag.
- Before putting the dishes in the preheated oven, you need to wipe it dry.
- Products from the freezer must be heated to room temperature before cooking.
- It is better to wash the viewing window with a regular soap solution. Aggressive chemistry can destroy thermal spraying, which will lead to an increase in the sensitivity of the glass to high temperatures.
If the equipment clearly failed: smoke, arbitrary shutdowns, insufficient temperature in the chamber or vice versa excessive, then the oven is better to disconnect from the network and to eliminate the faults. For lack of experience, it is much more practical to entrust this business to specialists.
Important! If the warranty period of equipment has not yet expired, then any independent intervention of the user automatically deprives him of all service obligations from the manufacturer. That is, for free repair or replacement of equipment you can not count.