Main modes and functions of modern conditioners
Choosing an air conditioner is an important and responsible task. After all, it depends on this device, how comfortable it will be for you during the summer heat. Exactly conditioner is able to provide a good sleep, efficiency and well-being, when the thermometer shows considerable “”.
However, no less important is the right setting of the device after the purchase. It depends on it how effectively and economically conditioner will use the electric energy.
In order to set up correctly and rationally a conditioner’s work it is necessary to understand the modes, provided in modern models.
Main modes of air conditioners operation
Not so long ago, air conditioners provided only one possibility. to cool air in the room. But since then technologies are stepped far forward and a modern conditioner is already multifunctional climatic equipment, which can blow cold air and warm, and even to work in the drying and ventilation modes.
Most popular air conditioning function. As a rule, the minimum temperature, supported by most of the producers, varies around 16-18°C. The process of cooling air in the room occurs by converting the refrigerant into a gaseous state.
This mode is useful during the off-season, when the heating in apartments is turned off, but the temperature outside is not high enough to heat the room. Then the air conditioner comes to the rescue. With the help of a fan it disperses warm air masses around the room, distributing them evenly throughout the space of the room. The user sets the desired temperature values on the device, after reaching which the system goes into standby mode and activates when the air in the room cools below the set parameters.
Relevant when the humidity in the room is high. Helps to dry the air. necessary to prevent mold from growing.
Ventilation of the room
Ventilation is necessary to ensure air circulation in the room and distribute it evenly. This mode starts only the fan located in the indoor unit. A fan of outer block of air conditioner is switched off at that. The desired speed is set from the remote control.
Defrost in Russian translates as “defrost”. Quiet mode can be turned on in three ways:
In the cold season, many people are warmed by the air conditioner. When working with heat the radiator on the rear wall of the outside unit starts to freeze with snow, hoarfrost or ice. Especially when humidity is high or when there are large temperature fluctuations. Mildew on the outdoor unit reduces the efficiency of the air conditioner.
The Defrost function can be used not to defrost it manually. In this case the internal block of a conditioner will work in a cooling mode for some time. Newer models have a defrost mode activated at regular intervals.
Air conditioner controls. Auto, Sync, eco, and more explained
In advanced conditioners defrosting of the outside unit is switched on when there is a necessity in it. Electronics compares sensors readings, efficiency of operation and understands when it is time to get rid of ice.
Defrosting of the fins of the outdoor unit radiator (evaporator) without Defrost.
Quiet translates to “silence” or “quiet”. This mode is encountered on older models of air conditioners, mainly by Panasonic brand. It allows you to reduce the noise level by reducing the fan speed.
Modern inverter models are quiet, so there is no need for the function. But in old versions the noise level of air conditioner is rather high. In order not to switch the fan speed you can just press the Quiet button on the remote control.
LOW COOL on air conditioner. what does it mean?? (translation into Russian)
LOW COOL on air conditioner means low blowing speed (weak cooling).
Winter cold lonely fields. In general when it is cold we switch on heater, but in spring or autumn it is possible to switch on air conditioner, it also can heat, but not so well as a high-grade heater. But when we are hot we save ourselves with air conditioner. And here you can see the inscription LOW COOL. what does it mean?
Actually it’s simple. LOW translates as low and the word COOL translates as cold. Therefore it is possible to draw a conclusion. it is level of weak cooling, i.e. when the fan does not work at full capacity. at once we see the plus, there should be less noise in this mode.
Also I strongly recommend to read instructions to air conditioner, there is a lot of useful information.
Generally speaking, management of air conditioner operation modes implies precise knowledge of the meaning of these terms:
- High means strong, i.e. strong mode of the fan, cooling.
- Med or Medium is medium mode of operation.
- Mid or Middle is the same as Med, it is just the same name.
- Low means low level of cooling.
As you can see there is nothing complicated. Just remember.
there can be such marking on window models of conditioners. Here above in the picture is TEMPERATURE, there you can adjust temperature of cooling (Max Cool is maximal low temperature). You can also notice the word Fan which means fan. That is High Fan means the strong blowing of fans, the conditioner simply works in a fan mode, it does not cool, for cool it is necessary to choose a position where there is a word Cool.
I hope this information was helpful. Good luck, have fun and take care!
Icons and buttons on the indoor unit of split system
Virtually all indoor units have one “magic button” that can be used to turn on the air conditioner with an automatic setting. Usually it is not noticeable. it is under the front cover of the unit on the case or on the display. It is marked “auto” or “on/off”. You cannot set the necessary parameters with the help of this button. You will need a remote control, at least a universal one (if you have lost your regular one). information about this hidden button you can read at the link below (the article about switching on of air conditioner without remote control).
Instructions on setting air conditioner in different modes
If you need to turn on your air conditioner in a certain mode, my website already has all the instructions:
Considered in this article the buttons and functions are most commonly found on remotes, but there are also “smart” remote controls, which also have all the same options, but marked unusually. Examples: round remotes on LG Stylist, as well as on remotes of Electrolux unclear signs and others.
At this point, perhaps all If this article was useful to you, please leave your Комментарии и мнения владельцев!
Icons on the air conditioner remote control
Number of buttons and their values depend on the brand of air conditioner. There are symbols on the buttons or they can have an inscription only.
So, what the icons on the air conditioner mean:
- On/off switches the unit on and off.
- Snowflake (cool). cooling.
- Sunny (heat). heating. Only on models that support this function.
- Drip (dry). dehumidification. Is necessary to remove excess moisture from the room.
- The fan (fan). changes the fan speed.
- Four arrows to the side (swing). change position of the shutters directing streams to the necessary side.
- Sleep. turns on night mode, when the appliance begins to work at low revolutions.
- Arrows up and down or plus and minus to turn the temperature up and down.
- Timer sets air conditioner working time.
- MODE. selects the mode of operation.
- CLOCK. sets the time
- LED. turns on backlight of the remote control display.
To switch on this mode of the conditioner you need the following icons:
- Using On we turn on the system.
- Press Mode until a snowflake appears on the display.
- If the snowflake is set with a separate button, you can skip the second point.
- Using “Temp” ( “”, “-“, arrows up and down) set the desired temperature.
- Press fan to choose required blowing speed.
To turn on the system for heating, the actions are the same. Just look for the heating icon on the conditioner: sunshine or heat.
How to turn on heating on air conditioner remote control. see how easy it is
Greetings to all guests and readers of the Air Conditioner site. In this article we will talk about how the heating mode is displayed on the air conditioner. Let’s find out which icon on the remote control means heat.
We all know that warm summer days sooner or later are followed by cool nights. In mornings we really do not want to get out from under the blankets and we wait impatiently for the heating. Many people forget that in the apartment there is an air conditioner, which is able to work on heat. So why don’t you use this wonderful function?? All you need is to set air conditioner “on heating” and set comfortable parameters.
How to switch on the warm mode on conditioner
We set conditioner in the following sequence:
- Make sure that conditioner is connected to the electric network. If you have “automatic” device. switch it on, if you have a plug. plug it into the socket. Wait a few seconds until the louver of the indoor unit comes to initial position.
- We switch on the device. press the button “on/off”. At the same time the blinds should open. Next, we should know what icon on the remote control of the conditioner means heat. We look on the display of the remote control and we recognize in what mode the “split” is set. There are three basic types of mode displays on the remote control:
- indicators on the display in the form of images (snowflake, sun, drop, triangle, etc.).)
- indicators on the display in the form of inscriptions (cool, heat, dry, fan, etc.).д.)
- indicator on the display in the form of an arrow or a line which switches next to the words on the remote control. The inscriptions are the same as those of the second type.
- Then press the “mode” button so many times until the “sunshine” or “heat” indicator is on. Wait a while until the air conditioner changes to the mode.
It is important. At this time do not panic and do not press all the buttons. The waiting time can take up to 10 minutes! Blinds can change their position, up to complete closure. A slight crackling sound may be heard from the indoor unit, t.к. the radiator gets hot.
- Then set the best temperature for you. For example, if you set number 28 on the remote control, then the conditioner will keep 28 ˚C in the room by itself. People often get confused here. they think that the bigger icon the hotter air from a conditioner will be. It’s not like that! You can read here for details.
There is one important nuance. the air conditioner will not heat the air, if the temperature in the room has reached the desired value. In this case the “heating” mode is switched on!
- On the fifth step we set the shaft speed, if necessary (by “fan” button). When you are in the room, it is better to set the speed to minimum.
You can go to bed with the device switched on, but you have to set it correctly. The efficiency of air conditioner when working “for heat” is much higher than most heating devices. use it, save electricity, protect your health! See the peculiarities of split-system’s work in heating mode and be sure to watch the video on “conditioner” setting.
Markings on the air conditioner remote controller
If there is a conditioner in your house it means that its inhabitants take care of comfortable microclimate. In order conditioner could serve you for a long time, it is necessary to get acquainted with the instruction, which is enclosed to each equipment before operation. In the instruction you can find the detailed description of the device, connection stages, description of buttons values on the remote control, main error codes and how to maintain the conditioner by yourself. We will stop in detail on the description of a remote controller.
AC switching on
Any split-system works from the electric mains. Before using remote controller make sure that conditioner is plugged in. Then you need to press the button on the remote “On/Off”. It is this button that is responsible for switching on or off conditioner. Before switching on it is also desirable to study permissible temperature conditioner exploitation mode, all temperature values are indicated in manual by manufacturer and it is undesirable to use the equipment at lower or higher temperatures, because it can cause its failure.
In order to choose an appropriate mode of air conditioner’s work we need “MODE” button. Each press changes the mode. In the majority of split-systems there are 5 modes. cooling, heating (if a model with heating, there are some models, working only in cold), automatic, dehumidifying and ventilating. It is worth noting that some manufacturers use separate buttons for each mode, for example, there are buttons “DRY”, “FAN” and to activate these modes you must press these buttons.
Remote Control Symbols Quick Guide
Setting the right temperature
Buttons enabling selection of temperature mode are marked with “TEMP” abbreviated from the word Temperature. There may be arrows showing the direction, or ” ” and ” ” symbols. These symbols allow decreasing or increasing temperature in the premise.
Adjusting air speed
Change the air flow rate is necessary if the heat gain in the room changes or low noise level is required. For example, inverter air conditioner in this case provides simultaneous decrease of compressor capacity, which is very important for the premise if there are children in it, i.e.к. sudden temperature changes are extremely undesirable for them. Flow rate can be set by pressing the “FAN” or “SPEED” button. In this case, the “FAN” button controls the flow rate, not the ventilation mode. If you want to activate the ventilation mode without cooling or heating, press MODE as described above.
Changing direction of airflow
This function can be required for optimal air flow in the room, for example, to prevent the air flow from the air conditioner to be directed to the recreation area or to the flowers, which also should not be exposed to abrupt temperature changes. The direction is changed by pressing “SWING” or “AIR FLOW”. When you press this button the blinds set on the air outlet of the indoor unit are activated. The position of the louvers can be changed in 4 directions:
- The air is directed upwards;
- the air is directed downward;
- the air is directed to the right;
- the air is directed to the left.
In different models of split-systems of different manufacturers there can be different modes of air conditioner. Let’s consider some of them.
Activate the sleep mode
One of the most common modes is called “SLEEP” or sleep mode. When this button is activated throughout the night, there is a gradual increase in the room temperature setting by 2-3 °C. This mode also saves energy.
Increase the cooling rate
If, on the other hand, you need to cool the room as quickly as possible, you can use the fast cooling mode “TURBO” or “JET COOL. This will increase the fan speed and consequently the airflow rate. When the set temperature parameters are reached, the mode switches off automatically, and you can also turn it off by pressing again.
Set on or off time
Sometimes it is easier not to switch on conditioner every time, but to program it to switch on and switch off by definite time. For this purpose you can use the following buttons (depending on the split system model). “TIMER”, “CLOCK”, “SET”, “TIMER ON/OFF”, etc.д. Program settings are individual for each air conditioner, that is why it is better to study this point in manual.
Turning on self-cleaning function
The “CLEAN” “AUTO CLEAN” or “X-FAN” button is necessary to dry the inside of the unit to prevent the formation of mold and minimize the wear of the equipment. Pressing this button switches on a fan that runs in automatic mode for a short time, 15-20 min.
Activate the ionizer
Many models have an ionisation function. Thanks to a special filter, the air is cleaned from bacteria and enriched with negative ions. This mode can be switched on by “ION” or “PLASMA” buttons.
“IFeel” allows you to maintain a comfortable temperature according to the sensor installed in the remote control. In this case, air conditioner provides comfort temperature in that part of the room where the remote controller is located.
Recessed “RESET” and “LOCK” buttons. “RESET” allows you to reset the existing settings and return to the factory settings, and the “LOCK” button on some models. enables the button lock from pressing (can be used as childproofing).
Buttons on the indoor unit
If the remote control is lost, one can switch on air conditioner so that it operates with automatic settings with the help of small button on the inside unit of a conditioner; usually it is hidden behind the front panel or is located on the display. However, it is not possible to change the mode or set the temperature without remote control.
There is a question? Get it checked by a professional!
ReliabilityAll Dantex equipment goes through a multi-step control system at all stages of production
Wide range A wide model range will allow you to pick up the climate equipment for an object of any complexity and purpose
fast deliveryAll Dantex equipment always in stock. it allows an instant shipment on the day of payment
© 2005-2022 Dantex industries, ltd. The climate company, air-conditioning systems, air conditioners Attention! The information on this site is not a public offer Main office: 18, building 5, Pr Andropova, Office 1404 Phone: 8 495 916 52 18, E-mail: 1339 2931 2931 2931 2931 32887, tel. mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Buttons on the air conditioner
It is possible to switch on the air conditioner with a simple button on its body, but such switching often activates it in a cooling or auto mode, which limits its functionality. A proper way to control conditioner will be using his remote control. But for unprepared person remote control will be “Chinese alphabet”, which is difficult to cope without the help of a manual or the Internet.
There are hundreds of conditioners which have unique forms of control panels, but generally adopted unspoken rules make the manufactures to do the same inscriptions on the buttons, changing only their position or form. It is done due to the fact that the user who mastered control of an air conditioner with one remote control can as easily control an air conditioner of another manufacturer. In most countries inscriptions on the remote control will be in English, which is understood practically all over the world. So a person who has mastered one remote control can subsequently use any air conditioner in the world.
In this article, I will take a closer look at the Samsung air conditioner remote control functions and the meaning of its buttons. Most often there is a liquid crystal monochrome screen on the remote control from the “split”, and the rest of the space is occupied by different buttons:
- Power (Power). When this button is activated, the conditioner returns to the operation mode in which it was switched off. For example, if the air conditioner was cooling to 20°C before it was switched off, it will continue to operate in the same mode when it is activated.
- Mode. It is one of the most important options. When you press it, the operation mode is changed sequentially: Auto, Cool, Dry, Fan, Heat.
- Smart Saver. When it is activated, it activates the energy-saving mode (t 24 30°C) to keep the appliance cool.
- Turbo. As the name suggests, this button activates the highest fan speed and provides quick temperature drop as the owner wishes.
- Auto Clean. This function guarantees the cleanliness of the internal parts of the appliance, thanks to the operation of the fan after the “condenser” is turned off.
- Quiet mode. Thanks to it, implementation of set operations takes place with a minimal noise level.
- Air Swing. Used to set the air conditioner “shutters” so that a stream of cool or hot air can be blown at different heights or directions.
- Temp. This button allows you to set the desired temperature.
- Fan. Button Fan on air conditioner remote controller will let you adjust the fan speed (it is also called “shaft” or “impeller”).
- Good Sleep. Sets the air conditioner when the owner sleeps.
- On Timer. This button activates the preset timer.
- Off Timer. Pressing this button will disable timer functions.
- Time Up button and Time Down button. Both buttons are used to set the timer.
Fan speed on air conditioner
Fan (or Fan speed) button on the remote control of air conditioner holds a special place as it regulates air speed spreading in the room when air conditioner is switched on. Do not confuse Fan air conditioner mode (which is activated by the Mode button) with Fan fan rotation button. These are two different functions, and they have different purposes.
When you press the Fan button, it changes the speed of air conditioner fan, which has the task to spread cooled or warmed air inside the room. Each time the button is pressed, the next mode (the next speed) is switched on, and so they cycle around each other. There are the following modes of fan operation:
- Auto. When you select this speed, the air conditioner changes the fan speed independently, depending on the algorithm (it can depend on the current temperature in the room). Do not mix up Auto fan speed and Auto mode of split system!
- If you switch on the “condenser” in the Low mode, the fan will work at minimum revolutions. This mode is better to be set at rest (including sleep) or when people are in calm condition. In this case, the “degree” in the room will change very slowly without disturbing the owners.
- In Medium mode, the fan runs at medium speed and cools or heats the room rather quickly, depending on the set temperature. You can say balanced speed. This button is often displayed on the remote control abbreviated to Med
- The High mode on the air conditioner is for the fastest distribution of heated or cooled air around the room and is characterized by the highest speed of the shaft. In this mode it will make a lot of noise. It is best to run this speed when no one is in the room.
Many remote controls show the speed on the display as a scale!
It is important to realize that the Fan button only changes the speed of the fan, and therefore the speed of air distribution. It does not influence in any way the temperature operation mode of air conditioner or any other functions. Also, this button has no effect on the rotation speed of the outdoor unit. it operates independently according to its own algorithms.
Heating mode (HEAT)
This function is indispensable during the first cold weather: it helps to heat the room if the central heating system is not yet running or for some reason does not cope with its task. The user selects the value below which the temperature should not fall. Air conditioner operates to maintain preset parameters, periodically starting and stopping heating.
Before starting climate control equipment in winter, be sure to read the instruction manual. each model has an allowable range of operating temperatures, exceeding the limits of which can cause malfunction. Temperature limits exist for both cooling and heating operation.
Cooling mode (COOL)
In this mode the conditioner works for cooling the premise. The user sets the comfort temperature on the control panel. For an optimum work of the equipment it is strongly recommended to close all windows.
Nowadays it is quite common to find on sale air conditioners with dehumidification function (DRY). Their design includes a special valve that distributes the pressure of the refrigerant in a certain way. As a result, the upper part of the evaporator heats and the lower part collects condensate. A fan at this time mixes the cool and warm air. As a result, the conditioner gives out a stream of warm dehumidified air and the condensate is moved out through a special hose.
There is no temperature drop in DRY mode. It allows preserving original microclimate in the premise but reducing humidity level. Another benefit of the dehumidification mode is that it prevents from formation of mold and reduces the risk of colds.
Conditioner with DRY function can maintain humidity in the room within the range of 35 to 60%.