Is it possible to connect two heating devices to one chimney
Is it possible in a one.pass ceramic chimney, for example, tones to remove pipes from two sources at different heights and from different sides. For example, from a heating furnace and a hot water column with the condition that at the same time they will not be drowned? Or after all, in this case, a two-pass chimney is needed?
- Gas heat generators must only have separate chimneys. As an exception, in the conditions of reconstruction, it is allowed to connect two gas speakers to one chimney in the presence of a cut with a height of at least 0.5 m.
- Stoves, fireplaces, solid.fuel boilers in existing buildings (pay attention, it is in existing, and not again under construction) if it is impossible to organize separate chimneys to connect to a common channel, provided that there is a cut with a height of at least 1 meters high, if the heat generators are located on the same floor and cuts on the floor, if they are located on different. The section of the general channel must correspond to the sum of the sections of the sections of the chimneys connected to it.
Construction standards do not give any concessions in case heating devices are not used at the same time. Theoretically, the operation of the heater, even gas, is possible in separate mode, but practically you will not be able to convince the representative of the gas service or the inspector of the Ministry of Emergencies in this. You will simply not sign the documents, they will not connect the gas. In addition, the norms are written not just at the whim of engineers, they establish safe rules for using heating equipment.
Wiring a boiler Part 2. How to put multiple connections into one terminal
We summarize: for gas devices. definitely not, for solids. yes, with the above reservations. The norms should be followed, because the fire department inspector is obliged to check the smoke removal systems in your house. We advise you to find the opportunity to install a separate chimney and if all the heat generators are on solid fuel. Still, possible problems with traction are not worth the money that you can save on the chimney. In addition, if you ever change equipment to gas, there will be no problems with chimney.
Connecting two or more basic heat generators
First, consider a scheme in which we have two or more heat generators, which are the main and, a heated house, work on the same fuel.
These are usually gas boilers with trunk gas, which are connected to the cascade in order to heat the rooms from 500 kV.m. total area. It is rarely connected together for the main heating of boilers on diesel fuel or solid fuel boilers.
This is exactly about the main heat generators, and about heating residential premises. For cascading and modular boiler rooms for heating large industrial premises may include “batteries” of coal boilers or fuel oil in the amount of up to one dozen.
So, as mentioned above, the main boilers are connected to the cascade when the second identical boiler or slightly smaller power complements the first heat generator.
Usually in the offseason and small frosts the first boiler in the cascade works. In frosts or, if necessary, the rapidly heating of the premises to it, the second boiler in the cascade is connected to it.
In the cascade, the main boilers are connected sequentially so that the second boiler water water, heated by the first heat generator. At the same time, of course, in this conjunction there is an opportunity to isolate each boiler and a bypass, which allows you to let water bypassing an isolated boiler.
In the case of malfunctions, any of the heat generators can be disconnected and repair, while the second boiler will regularly warm the water in the heating system.
The system of this special alternative is not. As practice shows, it is better and more reliable to have 2 boilers with a power of 40 kW than one boiler with a capacity of 80 kW. This allows the repair of each individual boiler without stopping the heating system.
And also allows each of the boilers to work at their full power if necessary. While 1 high.power boiler would only work at half the power with small efficiency and increased tact.
A brick chimney for a solid fuel boiler. What will be required for the construction of the chimney
To make a high.quality chimney for a solid fuel boiler, you should have, or purchase a set of tools necessary for the direct construction of a brick chimney.
First of all, it will require roulette and the level with which you can make primary measurements, as well as check the correctness (horizon and vertical direct design), so that the right rectangle, or the right section of the chimney would be obtained (usually 1515 cm, is 1515 cm, or 2020 cm) you can use a construction fishing line for a trimmer. in this case, you can exclude errors in laying, irregularities and other problems in this process.
Hammer and Kelm are extremely necessary in such works.
The process of building a chimney should begin directly from the hard.fuel boiler. In order to connect the device with the chimney, special pipes, or corrugations are used (if the square chimney needs to be purchased, to correct the output of the diameter opening of the device and the section of the chimney).
In the process of direct masonry, it is necessary to regularly check the correctness of both the vertical and horizontal plane regularly (for these purposes you can apply the level), and using the fishing line you can make a plumb line. In the solution that will be used when laying brick, it is necessary to add clay, and the thickness of the applied solution should be no more than 0.05-0.1 cm. Excessive layer can lead to damage to the structure due to frequent temperature changes, to slow cringing of a dried solution. This process can take place for several days, months or even years, but will invariably lead to one result. the chimney will have to be restored or even re.build. After the masonry is finished, you should check its tightness and eliminate all available gaps, seams, etc.D. All existing through holes will have to be eliminated in the first place.
Rating of gas boilers in reliability and quality 2020. The best dual.circuit gas boilers at the price, quality and reliability
BAXI ECO-4S 24F 24 kW
Convection boiler from the middle price category, which can be installed in any way: bedroom or kitchen.
Works both on natural and liquefied gas. A closed combustion chamber allows you to spend less gas on heating, and heat production remains high.
The primary heat exchanger is made of copper, secondary. from stainless steel. There is a built.in circulation pump and expansion tank.
The display is installed on the case, Ibid: thermometer, manometer, inclusion indication. It is allowed to connect a separate chimney (with a diameter of not more than 80 mm).
An air vent, a safety valve and gas control were installed as protection.
Water is cleaned using an internal filter. Weighs 30 kg. Service life. 10 years, warranty period. 2 years. This model has proven itself in 2020.
Buderus Logamax U072-12K 12 kW
This model received many positive customer reviews: users respond with a reinforced and convenient wall.mounted aggregate with a high level of safety and almost silent.
The changes in electricity and pressure do not affect its performance. Power is enough for heating an area of up to 350 kV.m.
The kit includes: pump, expansion tank, duct sensor, protection valve and control and safety device.
The size of the boiler allows you to place it even in a small room: for example, a pantry or a bathroom.
Index “K” means that water can be heated without the use of additional equipment.
An additional layer of thermal insulation on the walls of the unit will not allow it to overheat.
Intuitive control: LCD display with indication of working parameters, 5 buttons and temperature controllers. Weight. 29 kg. Warranty period. 24 months. The model is relevant for 2020.
- easy to install and operate;
- noise level:
- The temperature holds without complaints;
- can work on liquefied gas;
- The service life of the heat exchanger: 15 years;
- gas control functions, auto-bank and overheating protection.
Bosch GAZ 6000 W WBN 6000-18 with 18 kW
This model is designed specifically for Russian conditions, which means that boiler rooms to pressure drops (9-17 MBAR) and voltage on the network (165-240 V), and is fully protected from freezing.
Easily and quickly heat an area of 180 square meters.m. Water is heated in a plate heat exchanger, and there is little fuel for its work.
The main heat exchanger is made of high.quality copper without impurities. There is a modulated fan and a sealing sensor of gas reinforcement.
Circulation pump. built.in, three.stage.
Flame control electrode. ionization.
The heat exchanger is protected from overheating using the installed temperature limiter.
Display. LCD, with indication of working parameters. Warranty period. 730 days. Weighs only 28 kg.
Two boilers, how to run together, #Paralleling of #boilers
How best to remove the chimney through the roof or through the wall. How to get a pipe from a bath through a wall
The chimney, which is removed from the stove through the wall to the street, is called external. If you decide to remove the chimney from the bath stove into the wall, keep in mind that the maximum length of the horizontal site is 1 meter. It is no longer possible. the craving will be insufficient. If you still can not do without a long horizontal site, you will have to install forced ventilation (fan). Pay attention to the fact that the chimney pipe should be from the combustible walls and edges of the roof at a distance of at least 500 mm. If your walls are wooden, it can become a problem. the pipe will be far from the wall. For safety or you will need to install a protective screen (then the pipe can be placed closer to the wall) or invent the mounts that will keep the structure at a given distance. It will also be necessary to come up with and install some design on which the chimney will be based. If we take into account that the recommended height of the chimney from the furnace until its end is 5 meters, then with the fixation system you will have to work for a long time and hard. Making the length of the chimney is less risky. the craving can be insufficient, although some reduce it by almost 1 meter. The difficulty lies in the fact that the chimney, especially in baths, changes its length due to temperature expansion. Therefore, it is also impossible to screw “tightly”, there must remain some freedom relative to the mounts so that the pipe can lengthen/contract.
All requirements for smoke channels are spelled out in regulatory documents. SNiP 2.04.05-91 and DBN in.2.5-20-2001. Their implementation is necessarily. If you generalize, then everything can be reduced to several points:
- The section (diameter) of the chimney cannot be less than the output pipe on the boiler. That is, if the output of a gas boiler is 150 mm, then the chimney should have an internal section of at least 150 mm. it is possible, less. no. In extreme cases, they can close their eyes to a difference of several millimeters.
- The chimney should go upright up. It is advisable to develop the design so that there are no inclined areas. In extreme cases, a slope of 30 ° is allowed. The length of the inclined area is not higher than the height of the room.
- Throughout the chimney, he should not have curvatures and seeing.
- The chimney must be made from gas.improving materials.
- The joints are thoroughly isolated. they should be sealed (gaseous substances should not pass and do not pass moisture).
- Since smoke gases at the output of modern gas boilers have a low temperature, there is a high probability of condensate formation. Therefore, when placing a chimney in its lower part, it is necessary to provide a condensate collection. This is a removable glass of materials resistant to chemical substances. The best option is a stainless steel condensate collection, cheaper. plastic. Galvanized steel is a cheaper option, but it is quickly destroyed.
- The chimney for a gas boiler in a private house should have a height that will provide good traction. To do this, it must rise 50 cm above the skate of the roof, if it is displayed in the immediate vicinity of it.
- At the top of the pipe, it is advisable to install a protective visor. an umbrella. He protects the pipe from clogging and precipitation.
Excerpts from regulatory documents
Heat exchange scheme.
For Russia. Excerpts from SNiP 41-01-2003, from paragraph 6.6.9 and the rules of pipe-reinforced work (paragraph 3.6.3): “For each furnace in most cases, it is necessary to provide a separate smoke pipe or channel (in the future. a chimney). Two furnaces that are located in the same apartment on the same floor are allowed to be attached to one smoke pipe. In the process of joining the chimneys, you will need to provide for cuts in them, which have a height of at least 1 m from the lower connection of the pipes.”
Excerpts from SP 7.13130.2009, paragraph 5.47: “In residential multi.storey buildings and public buildings, the construction of fireplaces that operate on solid fuel is allowed, provided that each of the fireplaces join the collective or individual chimney. Connecting to a collective chimney must be made through an air shutter, in most cases with joining the vertical collector of branches through the floor of the ducts (at the level of each floor that is located above) ””.
G.3. The removal of combustion products from gas household appliances, furnaces and other gas household equipment, in whose structures it is necessary to remove combustion products into the chimney, must be provided from each device, furnace or unit for separate chimneys.
G.6. Gas non.blessing devices (digestive boilers, restaurant slabs, and so on) is possible to attach both to a common and a separate chimney. It is also allowed to provide flowering connecting pipes common to several units. Input into a common chimney of combustion products for several devices must be provided at various levels or at a single level with a dispenser device in such a way that was described in g.3. The cross.sectional area of the connecting pipes and chimneys should be determined by the calculation, based on the conditions of simultaneous operation of all the devices that are at that moment attached to the installation of the chimney.
Schemes of single.turn chimneys: A. with one discharge channel.; b. with several lowering channels; B. with lower heating.
Normative documents contain some distinctions for connecting gas devices and foci on solid fuel per chimney (stoves and wood.like similar designs). Construction standards provide the following information: for each stove in most cases you need one separate device. However, the Slavs have a fairly interesting mentality: laws are not a decree, but everyone loves experimenting, while without thinking about the consequences. In practice, you can often find fireplaces on two floors that are connected to one chimney. There is a poor craving in the upper fireplace and smoke gets to the second floor from the work of the lower similar structure.
Theoretically connect is the opportunity. However, practice shows that such systems can work exclusively under certain conditions: the optimal height and the design of the chimney, the increased cross section of the smoke channel, the installation of several shutters (performing a complete overlap of the flue channel), compliance with the sequence of foci (fireplaces), and traction regulation in two fireplaces (the most difficult point).
Why put two boilers at once?
The role of the leading GAZElectro is usually performed by a gas unit. This is logical already at least due to the lower cost of the fuel used in the supply. But the word “save” was higher, and it is not clear what the cost of reducing expenses is.
The fact is that in many regions there is an electricity tariff for the system/night system. In some cases, it comes out at least very little, but more economical than payment for gas. The difference is doubtful, however, as an additional occasion in the piggy bank for the arguments for a double bunch, it can also serve.
Installation of an electric boiler in a conjunction with gas can play a backup or additional role in the general organization of heat supply. When choosing the power of equipment, you should focus on the purpose of its use
Of course, this is not such a good reason that he will immediately design a heating system with 2 boilers. The main advantages of the scheme are reinforcement of power and uninterrupted work. When choosing and installing a heat generator, it is necessary to clearly understand that any device and fuel supply are not eternal.
Disconnect power supply, can block the gas line due to the leak, the voltage in the network will fall or the banal breakdown of the unit itself will occur. In this case, you risk being left without heat and hot water in the cold season.
To ensure uninterrupted operation of heating equipment or increase the power of the system as a whole, it is possible to admit 2 boilers operating on different fuels to the operation of at once
This is called an additional connection (to strengthen power) or a backup power source, depending on the goals and arising situations.
Requirements for premises with two boiler units
In the event that the same type of heating sources are selected, the requirements for the furnace are applied to a certain type of fuel used: gas, coal, pallets or electric heating.
If the units that function on different types of energy are selected, the premises are required to correspond to both, while a larger indicator is selected.
Requirements for units using solid fuel:
- The floor area of the furnace room is selected according to the total thermal power of the devices: up to 32 kW required 7.50 m2, up to 62 kW. thirteen.50 m2, up to 200 kW. fifteen.0 m2.
- The aggregate of more than 30 kW is installed in the center of the top.capacity to ensure reliable circulation of air masses.
- Superficial elements of the furnace: floor, walls, ceiling and partitions are made of fire.resistant building materials, using waterproofing protection.
- The boiler is installed on a reliable foundation from fire.resistant building materials.
- For units up to 30 kW, the requirements for fire resistance are lower, it is enough to cover it with a steel sheet.
- The supply of solid fuel is stored in a separate dry room, and the daily supply can be in the boiler room at a distance of at least 1 m from the boiler.
- In the furnace, the door and windows can be installed that can provide reliable three.time air circulation at the rate of the existing volume of the room.
Top.bearing requirements with boiler units working on gas:
- Gas boilers with a total capacity of up to 30 kW are allowed to be installed in a non-residential room of the house, where there are windows and doors that can provide 3-multiple air circulation.
- With a power of a gas source of more than 30 kW, a separate furnace with a height of the ceilings is required at least 2.5 m and a total area over 7.5 m2.
- If this equipment is installed in the kitchen in which a gas stove operates, then the room should be at least 15 m2.
Devices and chimney requirements for a gas boiler or column
The pipe exaltation above residential buildings is the only visible element of a complex smoke removal system responsible for removing combustion products from the furnace. The presence of a gas boiler or column in a private house imposes increased responsibility for the owners for the safety of the use of heat.generating devices. The gas service imposes strict requirements for gas equipment commissioned, without which the owners do not get a permit for connection. In this article, we will figure out how to correctly install a chimney for a gas boiler or column, how to perform installation with your own hands.
Types of chimneys
The device, diameter and size of the chimney pipe depends on the type of heating equipment used. The heat.generating devices operating on gas have a high efficiency, so the combustion products of “blue” fuel, moving through the smoke removal channel have a relatively low temperature that does not exceed 200 degrees. A chimney for a gas boiler is selected from the following options:
- Single.circuit of stainless steel. This is the easiest way of smoke removal, having the least cost. For laying the chimney, single.circuit pipes of a cylindrical shape are used. Only internal installation of such structures is allowed, since during the external placement the pipe freezes in the winter period. Single.circuit stainless steel pipes
- Sandwich dizzye made of stainless steel. The requirements of the gas service allow the use of sandwich systems, the device of which differs from single-circuit in that each pipe consists of 2 layers of steel and 1 layer of insulating material between them. This option is suitable if the external or internal installation scheme is used. Sandwich tube installation scheme
- Flexible chimney made of stainless steel. The device of a flexible chimney differs in that special corrugated metal pipes are used for it. They have high flexibility, so the installation and laying of the smoke removal channel of complex configuration do not cause difficulties. Flexible chimney for a gas column
- Coaxial chimney. A more modern and technological way to get rid of combustion products is a coaxial chimney. When installing that equipment, all safety requirements are observed. A device of this type consists of two tubes inserted one into the other, the smoke into the atmosphere is output along the inner contour, and the external air fence is carried out in the firebox in the furnace. Coaxial chimney
note! Information about which chimney for a gas column or boiler of your model is better suited in the instructions for the device. It contains requirements for the material of the smoke removal channel, the recommended diameter and operating temperature, which should withstand the pipe.
Recommendations for placement
An important part of the installation of gas equipment is the installation of the smoke removal channel. The safety of living in the house depends on this element of the heating system. Therefore, the pipe and connection are trusted by professional masters who know better where and how to place chimneys for boilers in the house to comply with the requirements of the gas service. They recommend adhering to the following recommendations:
- For laying smoke removal channels for gas heating equipment, it is better to suit the internal placement scheme. Pipes should be placed on the internal capital walls of the structure.
- The diameter of the chimney pipe must correspond to the size of the input pipe of the boiler. It is impossible to use products whose diameter is greater or less to comply with maximum sealing between the elements.
- A section of the chimney where the connection is carried out with the gas heating device must have a vertical orientation in space. The length of the vertical segment should be at least 0.5 m. The rules for installing a chimney for gas equipment
- The distance between the outer wall of the pipe and the non.combustible material of the wall decoration should be at least 5 cm, if the surface does not have protection against fire. at least 25 cm. Masters recommend protecting the walls of the walls, where a chimney for a gas boiler passes with screens of sheet metal or asbestos.
- It is better to carry out the installation of the chimney strictly vertically, although when installing it is allowed to slope up to 30 cm. When laying, you can perform no more than 3 turns of the pipe, the total length of the horizontal sections of which does not exceed 1 m.
- The total length of the gas chimney should be at least 5 m, rising above the roof skate by 0.5-1 m.
- The chimney must have elements with audit windows, a tee and a collection of condensate. Installation is prohibited if any of these parts is absent. Correct pipe attachment scheme to the wall
Important! The main condition for the effective functioning of the chimney is the tightness of the compounds between the segment of the pipes. They join each other due to the fastening of the “pipe into the pipe”. However, when performing installation, it is better to smear the seams with a heat.resistant sealant with a temperature of up to 1000 degrees, as well as fix the joints with steel clamps.
Restrictions when connecting
An incorrectly installed chimney causes fire to residential buildings, gas explosions and people’s poisoning with carbon monoxide. If installation is performed in an apartment building, then neglect of security requirements threatened not only the owners of one apartment, but also their neighbors. To avoid problems in the operation of gas equipment, it is prohibited:
- Connect more than 2 gas devices to one chimney. If a general chimney is equipped for 2 boilers, then the connection is performed at different levels, the distance between the input points of the equipment should be at least 1 m.
- It is not allowed to use porous materials for arranging the smoke removal channel, including cinder blocks. The best option is a chimney from heat.resistant stainless steel. Pipe height requirements relative to the skate
- For laying the chimney, a separate room called the boiler room is equipped. Since the installation of a gas chimney in residential premises is not allowed. When installing a coaxial pipe taken to the street through the wall, a separate room for installing the boiler is not required.
- It is impossible to remove the chimney pipe of gas devices into residential premises, into poorly ventilated premises, into glazed loggias, corridors, entrances, common areas.
- Outdoor installation of chimney pipes without thermal insulation is not allowed. To protect against low temperatures in winter, the chimney is wrapped with non.combustible insulation or built a brick shaft. Coaxial chimney placement standards