The principle of the pump, its application and location
At the moment of operation of the washing machine water is supplied inside the device under pressure, i.e. it is taken in automatically as soon as the necessary programs are selected and the “START” button is pressed. Further the process proceeds according to the following scenario:
- solenoid valve is driven to the open position;
- Pressostat (sensor to control the level of liquid in the tank) measures the desired amount of water;
- The path of the liquid flows through the compartments where the necessary laundry detergents (washing powder) are located, the water is mixed with them, and thus in dissolved form they get into the tank;
- the liquid which is under pressure, flows in the correct volume to the room where the laundry is placed.
During and at the end of the washing process the water pump (pump) comes into action. It is he who drains and pumps out the dirty waste liquid after the end of washing or excess water after rinsing. The pump takes part in almost all washing modes!
As soon as the pump receives a signal from the electronic module, the waste water is pumped out into the drain by the impeller of the device. The path of passage of the liquid is as follows:
Water comes in through a rubber nipple that is connected to the tank and volute with special clamps, then the liquid enters the pump through a special filter located in the volute, it protects the pump impeller from debris, to avoid jamming the impeller. Then the liquid comes out through the drain hose, which is connected to the volute. The dirty liquid phase is pumped out until the waste liquid from the washing machine tank is completely pumped out.
During washing, the water is already at the bottom of the unit, which is why the end of the drain hose must be mounted above the drain pump, because if this is not respected, the water from the machine will begin to flow by gravity. The drain hose must be installed at least 80 cm along its entire length!
The electric drain pump is located at the bottom of the unit under the tank. It is attached to the plastic volute usually with three screws, and the volute in turn is attached to the body of the unit on the front side. This location is convenient for quick access to it if, for example, you need to clean it of debris or drain the system.
There are two types of pumps used in washing machines:
Washing machine motor used for pressure water pump through capacitor and how to connect the wires?
- circulation type pump is used in combination with a regular pump, they are used in the new models of premium machines such as Indesit, Ariston, etc. This option supplies water directly to the washing area and circulates it through the entire system, which improves washing efficiency.
- The machines of a more budgetary type, or not the new generation, such as bubble machine DAEWOO (Deu) are equipped with a simple pump, for example firm Askoll, which simply drains the waste liquid into the drain.
Repair of the washing machine drain pump, as a rule, is not carried out, most likely there will be a replacement of parts in such devices. That is, you will have to completely replace the broken pump with a new one.
WARNING! You can also independently, to inspect the device for clogs or broken pump. But when inspecting the internal mechanism you must first de-energize the equipment. Using a special tool, such as a multimeter, check the contacts on the pump and make sure there is no voltage, and only then continue to work. All these precautions are necessary, because the work is carried out near an open source of water.
Choosing a Replacement Pump
You can buy a suitable pump both in specialized stores and on the Internet. Despite the large range, many models of pumps are fully interchangeable. Nevertheless, it is important to stop your choice on the device that is recommended by the manufacturer of the particular washing machine.
The pumps themselves are distinguished by a number of parameters, one of the most important is the type of attachment. There are:
- on the bolts (mostly 3 bolts;)
- on the latches (depending on model, from 3 to 8 pcs are involved).);
- Using combined type mounts.
There are differences in the power connection. There may be individual terminals or a specific configuration. The contacts themselves can be located in the back or front of it. But the power ratings for most pumps are at the same level is approximately 19-20 W.
About the causes and symptoms of failure of the drain pump, we have written in detail on the page “How to replace the drain pump in the washing machine“. Here we will also look in detail at the connection of the pump.
But first you need to find a quality analogue, so that your efforts were not in vain.
The differences between the parts are mainly in the type of attachment inside the housing:
Electric pumps are connected by means of chips or terminals. The power can range from 19 to 20 watts. Also in the choice of a suitable pump plays a role in the placement of the contacts. the wiring can be attached either from the front or from the back.
About how to connect a new pump,
How to connect the pump of a washing machine
To replace a broken drain pump, you don’t have to call a handyman at home or take your washing machine to a service center. Perform the connection of the pump you can do yourself, using the instructions and tips given in the article.
In order not to have to fix the LG washing machine with your own hands often, it is worth referring to preventive measures. Check these.
Washing machine pump teardown.
- Always check the laundry after the wash. Try to make sure that small parts do not get into the drum of the machine. they can cause further damage and malfunctions.
- You should not send too dirty things into the wash. It is desirable to soak them beforehand, and only after that start using the washing machine.
- Things that are very likely to cause serious clogging of household appliances (with long threads, lint or bulky lint), you need to wash only in special bags, sold in many stores.
- LG washing machines must be treated as gently and carefully as other appliances. Thus it will be possible to easily and simply avoid many problems with such a useful and necessary unit.
LG washing machine pump does not work
To understand that the drain pump in the LG washing machine does not work, is simple enough. The symptoms are so obvious that it is impossible not to notice them. The machine can either not pump out water at all and stop with a full tank, or badly spin things, leaving them wet. In either case, the quality of washing deteriorates. Let’s understand how to diagnose the washing machine, where to start checking.
Connecting the washing machine without overkill
We propose a simple method of independent connection of the washing machine. We need a barrel of 50 liters, located in the attic. The idea is clear: the hose goes down, breaking through the ceiling, or through the attic hatch. The water is under pressure created by the water.
Lucky if the washing machine is in the basement. In this case, a couple or three meters will be added to the post, and there to the putative 10 close. Eyewitnesses assert: The method is viable, everything works perfectly in practice. It is worth to find a big barrel in the attic.
A lot of good ideas with hydroaccumulator. In the 100-liter tanks, the pump pumps water for a full cycle, then the household appliances work on the reserve. No control necessary. But you need an expensive hydroaccumulator of large dimensions plus a pump equipped with a pressure switch. The idea is expensive and not very attractive.
Appointment of the washing machine drain pump
Water pump is designed in the ACM for forced removal of liquid from the tank at various stages of washing. Structurally, the drain pump looks like this:
- automatic washing machine does not rinse laundry, washed items are poorly rinsed and the machine does not rinse at all (stops).
- Waste water from the tank does not drain or drains very long.
- The spin cycle does not start.
- After washing, the detergent remains in the dispenser (partially or completely).
How to Wiring Universal Washing Machine Motor
See the element adjacent to the pump
Sometimes the user may detect a noise in the pump area (at the bottom, in the right corner of the Samsung washing machine). Failure of the washing machine can be caused by a foreign object caught in the volute of the pump, or a strong blockage of the element. The volute is the part adjacent to the pump. The algorithm for inspection will be as follows:
- Disconnect the appliance from the power supply;
- open the hatch at the bottom, in the right corner of the washing machine body (this will give you access to the waste filter);
- unscrew filter. From a hole will flow water, so be sure to stock up on dry rags and put a flat container under the washing machine;
- shine a flashlight into the hole to examine the cochlea;
- Remove any debris or small foreign objects that may be there.
Normally, except for the pump impeller in this hole should not be visible. The only exceptions will be those models of Samsung, which have two motors on the volute. separately to provide drainage and recirculation.