Coffee machine cleaning at home: 5 5 ways
A coffee machine is an inconsistent apparatus for making delicious and coffee, but in order for it to function well, you need regular cleaning of a coffee machine from scale. I will tell you several ways to clean the coffee machine quickly and effortlessly.
Regular flushing of the coffee machine from scale (2-3 times a month) should be a habit-due to deposits it fails. Sometimes even repair does not help, you have to buy new equipment.
What is coffee machine decalcination
Hard water contains a large amount of calcium salts. They form a loose film on the walls of the coffee machine, which joins the salt of other metals contained in the water. Decalcination is the process of removing salt plaque.
The mechanical removal of scale with cleaning pastes containing abrasive particles causes serious harm to the elements of the coffee machine, can lead to serious breakdowns. Therefore, for decalcination and cleaning of coffee machine from coffee oils, special compounds containing substances that soften and remove the layer of scale.
The composition of coffee beans has vegetable oil, which when heated goes into a liquid form. After cooling, drops of oil become thicker, accumulate on the internal elements of the coffee machine. Over time, like any other oil, it becomes slide, giving coffee an unpleasant taste.
Types of pollution
The devices may include the following pollution:
- Scale. In each coffee machine there is ten, which is used covered by lime coating. Usually for this reason the equipment spoils. Deposits lead to cementing water channels, which complicates the circulation of water, and the details become brittle. Different chemicals are used to eliminate deposits.
- Coffee oils. Ready coffee through the system enters the mug. Over time, coffee oils settle in a hydraulic system and worsen the taste of the drink. To remove them, the system is cleaned.
- Dairy residues. If you can cook cappuccino in the device, then after each cup you need to clean the system using fat removal products.
Why remove the scale
With regular use of a coffee machine in the elements that come into contact with water, salts and other impurities deposits begin to accumulate. This violates the preparation mode of the drink. Most often, this is manifested in the following problems:
- The temperature of coffee cooking is reduced.
- During the process, the machine makes an uncharacteristic noise for normal operation.
- A portion of the cooked drink is reduced.
- The process of making one portion of coffee lengthens.
- The taste of the finished product also changes for the worse.
If you do not clean the device, the car will work worse every time and one day it will finally fail. But, in addition to a spoiled device, you can get serious health problems. Complex cleaning of a coffee machine will eliminate problems in its work, which will positively affect the taste characteristics of the prepared drink.
What will happen if you do not clean the coffee machine
Any water, except distilled, contains minerals and chemical elements. The main one is calcium. During heating of water, calcium salts fall into sediment, forming a lime coating.
The surface of the scale is porous, the salts of other metals settled on it, and over time, the multiplication of microorganisms is possible in these pores. All this negatively affects the technical condition of the household appliance and the taste of coffee.
- Changing the smell of the drink, it becomes unpleasant;
- getting into a cup of flakes;
- The appearance of the feeling that coffee was not brewed enough, its fortress became smaller;
- reduction of steam pressure;
- Weakening of the jet of the drink, this is less related to a coffee machine with a boiler as a heating element, the likelihood of clogs is lower than that of models equipped with a thermal unit;
- Changing the sound of a coffee machine during work.
Some modern devices are equipped with scraps of automatic testing of the level of scale, a notification appears on the panel, which is necessary to decalcin the coffee machine. This warning cannot be ignored. Even if there was no automatic blocking, soon the device may fail.
It is always easier to prevent the problem than later eliminate its consequences. Take the rule to rinse the coffee machine after preparing several dozen cups of coffee, and remove the scale once every 2 to 3 months.
Some companies are developing branded tools for washing machines. How to wash a business coffee machine from a scale read below.
For its coffee maker, Delonghi has developed a company product. Antikapin. It must be mixed with hot water in the ratio indicated in the instructions. The process of washing with this tool takes about 60 minutes:
- Fill a water container with a prepared solution.
- Open the tap with hot water and drain 150 ml. solution. The deposits will begin to collapse due to the heating of the fluid.
- Drain boiling water every 10 minutes for 100 ml.
- In the process of cleaning, prepare coffee 3 times, but in no case do not drink it!
- After 60 minutes, open the tap in steam supply mode.
- Repeat the entire procedure several times using clean water. This will completely cleanse the system from the solution.
Regular removal of scale in Delonghi coffee machines allows you to significantly extend their use.
Cornial stone of any care. decalcination
Decalcination is a process during which the internal filling of the device gets rid of scale. I will add that it is the centuries.old calcium deposits most often that becomes the cause of the breakdown. The operation is implemented in full accordance with the instructions of the manufacturer of your coffee machine. Initially, I advise you to look there to understand how step.by.step cleaning is performed.
The fact is that the universal algorithm does not exist. it is necessary to know what to pour inside and which buttons to press. Some brands complicate the process, forcing the user to perform at least ten different actions. For example, with manual cleaning, it is required to pass the solution through a cappuccucer in portions of 50 ml in compliance with pauses in 2-5 minutes. If an error occurs, you will have to start the decalcination again, so that the ultimate attentiveness is required here.
I’ll make a reservation that premium models rarely give multi.stage instructions, although there are exceptions here.
However, mainly cleaning is carried out in 2-3 steps:
- A cleaning drug is loaded into the tank;
- The automatic decalcination mode is activated, for which one button is enough. It is designated as decalc, calc, decal. Decalcination on the machine lasts 25-40 minutes. After the operation is completed, no liquids are added to the container until the car says that the cleaning is finished.
After manual or automatic removal of scale, washing is always carried out. To do this, empty all pallets, water hopper. A clean water is poured into it and a cycle with clean water is launched using 1-2 full bunkers. After rinsing, clean water is poured, the tank filter is returned to place. I recommend drain the first 2-3 cups of espresso into the sink.
I will supplement that professional machines connected to the water supply are decalcinated only with disassembly of the device. In fact, the cleaning procedure is part of the maintenance.
It happens that the instructions are corny or it is an office apparatus for which no one is responsible. What can be recommended here?. Internet to help. You should score in the search engine the name of the model “Instruction”. With a probability of 99%, the system will be issued by a desired document with the possibility of viewing and downloading. Here you can find out all the subtleties of cleaning and care. As an alternative. a specialist call service.
But this is not free and, frankly, with all the prevalence of the Internet. unreasonable.
How to save a coffee machine from scale. choose a decalcinator
In addition to the instructions of the manufacturer, you should take care of the choice of a cleaner. Everything is one here: drugs intended for decalcination work to remove scale. Brands of coffee machine, not embarrassed lobbying their products, but there are no significant differences between them.
Philips Series 3200 LatteGo EP3246/70 Automatic Coffee Machine. How to Clean and Maintain
Branded powders, tablets are widely produced by the companies, Philips, Saco, Delongs, but not one of them makes them independently, leaving this headache for oomic contractors. But almost all funds are realized at a fairly high cost, not lower than 1 t.R. For packaging.
In practice, it is permissible to use any cleaner, including budget. You will definitely not be disappointed in effectiveness if you can comply with all the recommended proportions. It is not necessary to overpay for the brand at all. But, make sure that the decalcinator is intended for automatic coffee machines. You can purchase a product in a large chain store like Eldorado.
There may be several options:
- dry powder. poured into a water tank in a dissolved state. Pour the liquid until it reaches the maximum mark of the tank. Each manufacturer recommends using certain proportions, which is easy to read on the package;
- tablets. in fact, this is the same powder to which they gave. Active substances are pressed in a bizarre form and in the same way dissolve in water. Dissolution should be complete;
- liquid decalcinators;
- Cleaning capsules. for capsule coffee machines.
Any of the indicated funds is bred in water. The total amount of fluid is taken for 1-2 liters or more. Before use from the tank, the cleaning filter is removed if it is there. Otherwise, if a solution passes through it, it will be irrevocably spoiled.
Among the brands you can note the Bosch tablets. you will give about 750 r. For packaging in three briquettes, dry and liquid purifiers of Melitta, they can be called budget, Philips Saeco products. from 800 r/250 ml of liquid decalcinator. One of the most expensive are Krups powder (the average price tag for packaging of two bags is 800 r.). Feel free to refer to less expensive options.
What to do with folk recipes
The network is full of recipes, where for cleaning from scrap, they are advised to use Coca-Cola, Vinegar, citric acid. Immediately mention the drink and essence. the technique will fail “at a time”. Citric acid can be used with a stretch, I would say, in hopeless situations, diluting a powder of 10 g in a liter of water. Further, the mixture is poured into the water tank and instructions are made instructions.
However, whatever one may say, cleaning will not be full.fledged. All home methods are inferior to professional in effectiveness of action. There are pitfalls-citric acid is characterized by aggressive chemical effects, and it will gradually corrode rubber seals and aluminum parts, if you still decide to use this option on an ongoing basis.
As a result, I would recommend contacting professional decalcinators. Their cost is high in comparison with the same citric acid, but insignificant compared to the price of repair.
The frequency of cleaning the coffee machine from scale
Each more or less intelligent device itself will ask for cleaning, displaying an indication on the screen or housing. However, there are several subtle moments, since each coffee machine determines differently the need for decalcination.
The fact is that the presence of scale cannot be determined using sensors or other cunning devices. The device speaks of the need to clean only on the basis of calculating cooked portions. If the manufacturer laid into the “brain” of the device by decalcination after 250 cups, it is after 250 cups that he will give a signal. At the same time, the boiler can visually become deposits or remain crystal pure.
expensive models have a self.cleaning function, t.e. The owner does not need to monitor the formation of the scale and solve the problem. Such types of coffee machines independently activate the function of cleaning the hydraulic system when turning on or off the device, or the user sets up the frequency himself. There are models in which decalcination is present, but is semi.automatic. The cleaning of such machines is almost no different from the above methods, t.to. The user must pour a cleaning solution into the container and enable the self.cleaning function.
Some cars have an automatic cleaning program. In this case, the scale removal procedure is much simplified.
Important: to carry out the procedure for cleaning the coffee machine from scale should be when the tool was not used, t.e. Not heated.
If not cleaning in a timely manner, the machine can completely fail.
What means to use does the owner of the coffee machine decide. Nevertheless, it is worth noting that special funds, despite the expensive value, have several advantages, since they:
- “Sharpened” under their own brand.
- The delicate details of the structure of the alkali will not damage (which will lead to a loss of warranty).
- There will be no residues of the substance on the inner walls after washing.
- Safe for humans.
- A guarantee of effectiveness.
- Future corrosion protection.
- The dosage of the concentrate is clearly defined on the package (unlike a recipe with lemon, where the amount of acid is calculated independently).
- Increase life.
- Coffee will not have an unpleasant odor or taste.
And if you contact specialists?
If there is a self.cleaning program in the coffee machine, then the equipment will remind you of the need for the procedure. However, you should not particularly rely on technology: malfunctions in programs are not uncommon. If such a function is absent, then you have to independently determine when it is necessary to clean the coffee machine from coffee oils. In this case, experts recommend carrying out the procedure on average after 400-500 prepared portions of coffee.
And you can entrust the care of a coffee machine to the master who will cope with the removal of coffee oils much faster, while the cleaning product is selected in accordance with the type of your equipment. Such a service in the service center of Taber costs only 1250. It should also be borne in mind that some elements of machines need not only cleaning, but also lubrication, but in order to gain access to the details, you need partial dismantling, which the layman cannot cope without skills.
Turning to us, you will not have to take the coffee machine to the workshop, our specialist will come to the house, to the office, to the enterprise. where your coffee machine is located. Removing coffee oils, decalcination, cleaning and lubrication of all nodes. what your coffee machine needs, our master will perform quickly and efficiently. Thanks to regular and timely care, you can significantly increase the service life of the equipment.
Смазка варочной группы кофемашины Philips