CM 11 Plus
Preparing the Basics
The foundation must meet the requirements of SP 71.13330.2017 and have enough carrying capacity. Clean the substrate of dust, grease, bitumen and other substances that reduce the adhesion of the adhesive. Unstable areas and delaminations should be removed.
Smooth out irregularities up to 5 mm with the same adhesive mixture at least one day before fixing the tiles. Smooth out any irregularities exceeding 5 mm with a suitable Ceresit plaster or flooring mortar.
Mixture is prepared using a measured amount of clean water at 15 to 20°C (or CC 83, diluted with water at a 2:1 ratio). Gradually add the dry mix to the liquid, while stirring to get a homogeneous mass without lumps. Use a mixer or a drill with a nozzle and a rotational speed of 400-800 rpm. Then a technology pause for approx. 5 minutes to allow the mixture to mature, then stir once more.
Apply the adhesive to the substrate with a smooth trowel and profile a ridged structure with a toothed trowel. Tine size according to tile size. For exterior work and when fixing large tiles, it is recommended to additionally apply a thin, continuous layer of adhesive to the mounting surface of the tiles (“combined method”). Do not soak the tiles! The tiles are laid on the glue and pressed down no later than 15 (20) minutes after the glue is applied, while the glue is sticky to your hands. The position of tiles can be corrected within 20 (25) minutes after laying. The area of adhesive contact after pressing a tile must be at least 65% on the walls and 80% on the floors.
Tiles should not be butted together! Joint width is set depending on the tile size and operating conditions. It is recommended to fill tile joints with Ceresit grout of CE group in the time specified in the table below.
Fresh glue residues can be easily washed away with water, dry ones can only be removed mechanically.
What tile adhesive is better to use with underfloor heating
Tile adhesive for underfloor heating can be combined with all heating systems. water, cable, rod and film infrared without exception. An adhesive compound is used to secure ceramic tiles or porcelain tiles.
The composition can be applied on the heating elements or as in the installation of electric-water underfloor heating, on top of the concrete screed. Tile glue is not compatible with the heating film of infrared floor heating due to poor adhesion to the surface, such floor is covered with plywood or plasterboard, on which the glue layer is applied.
Glue Ceresit CM 11 Plus (25 kg)
Price for 25 kg.: 11,30 р.
Glue Ceresit reinforced fixing labeled CM 11 Plus is a compound that allows for a short time allows you to grab the tiles with the base. Ceresit glue is produced with the addition of microfibers. Each bag is marked with the date of manufacture, recommendations, a brief instruction on how to prepare a solution of Ceresit CM glue.
Facing the inner walls, the basement made of concrete, pre-insulated with Penopleks, requires additional characteristics. Ceresit for tiles of the “CM 11 Plus” modification, as a strengthened, frost-proof can be used on the street side. It is not afraid of temperature extremes, sunlight. The composition includes indigriends, which gives the right to use in outdoor cladding.
Varieties and features of glue
Ceresit company offers consumers a fairly wide range of tile adhesive, so you can choose a fixing mixture based on the nature of the work. There are several categories of material:
- standard material without additional additives to protect the base from moisture, external weathering and other factors;
- elastic composition suitable for fixing all types of tiles, for work inside and outside the building;
- special products are suitable for laying marble, granite, mosaic or large tiles.
The material is selected depending on the type of application. Also the composition affects the method of dilution, flow rate and method of application.
Tile adhesive for underfloor heating
Ceramic floor tiles. the material, which has a lot of undeniable advantages, but it has a significant disadvantage. high thermal conductivity and, as a consequence, a rather cold surface. Because it is often laid over a water or electric underfloor heating.
However, when installing ceramic tiles on top of a warm floor, there is a nuance need to use special adhesive for underfloor heating, otherwise the coating will not last long.
Standard mortars, used for tile work, are designed to securely hold the weight of ceramics, but when used with a floor heating system, they quickly lose their qualities, cracking and cracking. That is why tiles can peel off or, if they are firmly bonded, they can crack after the glue layer. If you buy a special tile adhesive for underfloor heating and porcelain stoneware, you can save yourself from this unpleasantness and keep the original look of the repair.
Why special adhesives are needed?
The operation of “warm floors” involves constant exposure to temperature fluctuations in the floor finishing materials. In a conventional adhesive composition, a rise in temperature causes linear expansion, followed by a contraction in volume as it cools down. The consequence of fluctuations becomes cracking, peeling elements of ceramic coating, the appearance of air-filled cavities under the layer of tiles.
Thus, the flooring will not only not “stick” to the tiled surface, but will interfere with the passage of heat due to air-filled cavities.
For this reason, a ceramic floor designed to work in conjunction with a water or electric underfloor heating requires a special bonding composition, which has the following characteristics:
- ability to withstand the effects of extreme temperatures from.30 ° C to 150 ° C;
- not to crack under regular thermal fluctuations;
- Reliably bond the rough and finish coating (Adhesion, provided by the finished composition, should be 0.8-1 MPa, which guarantees a sufficient level of adhesion for floor coatings)
- application on the substrate should not create additional difficulties;
- Do not change the level of thermal conductivity of the entire structure.
- Compatibility with the base material is a very important point, as even glue of well-known brands may not lay without taking this factor into account.
Types of tile adhesive under a warm floor
In the range of construction stores you can find a very large variety of adhesive compositions, supplied by domestic and foreign manufacturers.
As mentioned above, tile adhesive can differ in its main components. Based on the main component, tile adhesive for underfloor heating is classified as follows:
- One-component adhesive mixture is easy to use, because it is sold packed in plastic buckets in a ready pasty state. These adhesives contain components such as artificial resins, acrylics and modifiers. Mixes have a normal hardening time, allowing you to adjust the tile laid on them within 20 minutes after installation, which is suitable for beginners who have not previously performed such work.
- The fast-setting two-component glue is mixed from the two components immediately before the tiling work. Glue composition is made on the basis of epoxy resin with addition of polyurethane. Such a mixture endures temperature changes and has very high rates of adhesion and elasticity. Due to these qualities, the tile coating holds up more reliably even on the most “difficult” substrate than with any other adhesive compositions. It maximally fastens a tile to the warm floor.
- Universal glue on the cement base. Despite the presence of other variants of adhesive compositions on a polymer basis, the most popular remains a fine-dispersed cement adhesive. It is made on the basis of Portland cement with the addition of river fine fractional sand and modifying plasticizers. This type of adhesive for laying tiles on an underfloor heating system is sold in dry form and is kneaded with room temperature water before starting the laying work. Proportions of the adhesive manufacturer indicates on the packaging material. Another plus is the ability to prepare a clearly dosed portion, which is convenient to work out at once.
Electric under-tile floor heating
Of course, it will be very difficult to determine the choice, if you do not know the basic criteria to which you should pay special attention:
- Brand awareness and price level of the adhesive composition. Do not buy too cheap mixes of completely unknown manufacturers, because with no one will give a full guarantee that the tile coating “behaves correctly” during the operation of the “warm floor”.
- On the package must be an inscription or a graphic symbol of the intended use of the composition for the “warm floor” system. It is desirable that the adhesive used aluminate cement, which can provide maximum resistance to mechanical stress and due strength of the coating.
- Compatibility of the product with the specified coating. You can see this on the adhesive packaging.
Summarizing the article, our choice is CM 17 or CM 117
Rating of manufacturers
At present on the market there are many manufacturers of tile adhesive for the floor: Ceresit, Bergauf, etc.д. They differ not only in composition and method of application, but also in scope of use.
Some types are only suitable for certain underfloor heating and floor tiles, while others have a wide range of applications.
Cerezit glue for underfloor heating is the most popular imported option. It is made in Germany, but is widely known to the Russian consumer. It has a high elasticity, so it can be used for different types of floor heating and finishing materials.
Cerezit is optimal for porcelain tiles, ceramic tiles (choose the CM 4, 16, 17 or 117 models). Tile adhesive for marble (CM 115) is also popular.
The advantage of Cerezit for underfloor heating is the highest German quality, which ensures that it can be used for many years.
Another advantage is considered its production exclusively from safe and environmentally friendly components. The produced tile mixture is not harmful to the environment and health, and does not emit hazardous substances even when the temperature rises very high.
However, it is important to accurately follow the designations on the packaging and in the enclosed instructions. If it is stated that the mixture is only suitable for concrete, you can not use it for other surfaces (wood, plastic, metal).
What you should know about the floor tile adhesive CM 14 Extra:
- survivability. 2 hours (time before curing);
- The master can make adjustments in the placement of tiles for 15 minutes. After initial application;
- When carrying out repair work the temperature of the air should be 5-30 degrees Celsius;
- Grouting of the joints is allowed not earlier than one day after installation;
- adhesion degree. 0.8 mpa;
- The designed coating with Ceresit glue for underfloor heating can work at temperatures from.20°C to 60°C.30 to 70 degrees.
This Russian-German brand makes Keramik Express glue. Its main advantage is the fast drying time of the mixture, so you can walk on the tiles after 4 hours after finishing laying.
It reduces the waiting time before grouting, but also reduces the allowable correction time of the material. Recommended for craftsmen already experienced in this type of work.
What you should know about this tile glue for underfloor heating:
- survivability of the diluted mixture. 45 min.;
- single coating should be no more than 0.6-0.8 м 2 ;
- Only allowed to change the position of the material for 10 minutes;
- It is allowed to grout the damping joints after 4 hours;
- the temperature at operation must be from.10 to 70 degrees.
This tile compound is best suited for installation on a firm substrate that is not subject to distortion (e.g. concrete).
Как избежать появления трещин на стенах? Подготовка под штукатурку. #11
Adhesives for floors of this brand are available in a wide range, but for a warm floor will need a special mixture of Knauf Flex. This tile adhesive is excellent for laying on a difficult substrate (plasterboard or old tile).
The characteristics are one of the best: high elasticity and adhesion ability (1 MPa), excellent waterproofing.
The prepared mortar can be used during 3 hours, the correction time. 10 minutes. The admissible temperature during installation is 5-25 degrees, and during operation.30 to 80. Grouting of the resulting joints is allowed only on the 3rd day after the laying works.
- Before you start laying tiles, the floor must be fully heated at least once and then cooled down for 24 hours;
- If the air temperature in the room when installing tiles on a warm floor below 10 degrees, you need to turn on the heating to 15 degrees;
- Before placing electric heating mats, it is necessary to perform priming of the base with a special mixture of the same brand;
- In case of high room humidity the surface needs to be coated with Knauf Flachendicht.
This manufacturer produces a domestic cement mixture for heated floors (model K80). The dry mixture is prepared before the beginning of work. Tile adhesive for underfloor heating has the following properties:
- Liveability. 20 minutes;
- Adjustment period. 1 hour, which is one of the highest values compared to counterparts;
- The room temperature during the installation of 5-40 degrees;
- It is allowed to use at a temperature range of 5-40 degrees; Litokol.30 to 90 degrees;
- Grouting of joints is possible after one day.
If it has been decided to use a polymer tile adhesive for the floor, then this manufacturer offers an adhesive mixture Litoelastic. It must be used within 45 minutes after mixing, 45 minutes more for possible corrections.
Unis tile adhesive is of domestic production, but of the same quality as the European Cerezit. Most of the products on the market are universal and suitable for all coatings.
The advantage of this mixture for tiles is a complete environmental safety, which allows you to use it even for finishing warm floor in the nursery. Another advantage is the adhesive strength (1.2 MPa).
Peculiarities of the glue Unis for underfloor heating
- viability of the ready adhesive solution. 180 min.;
- the drying time of the applied composition on the tile is 20 minutes.;
- possible adjustment period. 10 minutes.;
- grouting of the damping joints. after one day;
- operation at the temperature of.50 to 70 degrees.
It is not necessary to apply this kind of glue on a deformed substrate.
Russian manufacturer produces adhesive for tiles “Starateli Plus”, which is designed for installation of the material on the floor. It is allowed to use it only for the surface that is not prone to deformation.
It is possible to use the compound within 4 hours after laying, and the correction of tile positioning takes only 15 minutes. Adhesion value 0.5 MPa, which is enough for most types of tile coatings.
The Russian brand Osnovit produces specially for warm floors “Maxiplix T-16”. It has an increased period of life time (4 hours). Correction time. 15 minutes. Optimal for an uncomplicated coating (for example, cement screed).
Ceresit CM16 Flex
Ceresit CM 16 has good elasticity, water- and frost-resistance, so it can be used for internal and external works, laying on the warm floor and other deformable bases.
CERESIT. CM 11
|Mixing proportions||7.5-8 liters of water per 25 kg bag.|
|Working time of the mixture after mixing||At least 2 hours|
|Operating conditions||Substrate and air temperature 5 to 30, humidity less than 80%|
|Open working time||From 25 minutes|
|Time for correcting the tiles||From 25 minutes|
|Tile crawl||Not more than 0,5 mm|
|Grouting joints||After 24 hours|
|Adhesion to concrete after 28 days||Over 1 MPa|
|Frost resistance||At least 100 cycles|
|Operating temperature||From.50 to 70|
|Packaging||Bag 25 kg|
|Combustibility according to GOST 30244-94||NG (non-combustible material)|
Approximate consumption of dry mix CM 16 per square meter, depending on the size of the tiles and the height of the teeth of the comb:
Electric underfloor heating (except foil underfloor heating) can be concealed in tile adhesive
How to install Hep2O underfloor heating system plates
According to sanitary regulations the floor temperature should not exceed 28-30 degrees, so if you comply with these values, almost any elastic glue will do.
When laying tiles on the warm floor, it is necessary to wait 28 days after the filling of the screed, so that the concrete gained full strength. Preheat the floor 24 hours before starting work. The floor heating can be turned on again only 2-3 days after grouting the joints.
If tiles are placed on the threshold between two rooms with two different heating circuits, they can break off. The solution to this problem at
Adhesive list for underfloor heating
Below is a list of tile adhesive for underfloor heating, which is recommended by manufacturers.
- CM 17. highly elastic glue, ideal for use with underfloor heating,
- SM 11 Plus (with elasticizer SS 83 added),
- CM 16,
- CM 117,
- CM 115;
- Eunis Plus (suitable for complicated bases),
- Belfix (suitable for large-size tiles, marble, can be used as a grout),
- Eunice Pool (for damp rooms),
- Unis Granite (for heavy slabs of granite and porcelain tiles);
- RF (highly flexible, suitable for stoves and fireplaces. up to 85 degrees),
- RFF (builds up strength 14 times faster than conventional glues),
- Profi plus (low dust formation),
- Ultra fix,
- Mastpliks T-12 smoothing,
- Mastplix T-12 effective,
- Graniplix T-14,
- Scorplix T-15,
- Maxiplix T-16,
- Belplix T-17
- Litoflex K80 Eco (dust-free adhesive),
- Litoflex K80,
- Litoflex K81,
- Litostone K98/K99 (gray and white quick-setting adhesive, suitable for natural stone tiles);
- 3100 Unifix (high curing),
- 3130 Superfix (elastic),
- 3140 whitefix (white heat resistant tile adhesive);
- Keramik Pro (highly elastic),
- Keramik Express (rapid-hardening),
- Keramik Termo (glue for tiles is heat resistant, suitable even for tiling of stoves and fireplaces),
- Eeasy Fixer (fast curing);
Ceresit for underfloor heating: mounting plasterboard on the adhesive with your own hands
Installation of flooring over a “warm floor” system in most cases is a standard procedure that does not require a special approach. But there are exceptions in this case, to which can be attributed the process of finishing the surface with ceramic tiles.
The technology of laying the product itself is not different from working with conventional rough bases, but the choice of adhesive mixture should be taken more carefully.
Using the wrong material can have a negative impact on the quality of fixing the cladding, which after a certain time will simply begin to flake off from the surface.