How to Use Bleach in a Washing Machine
Manually bleach clothes and linens is a time-consuming and labor-intensive process. But this is nothing if you have a washing machine.
The question may arise: how to use bleach in a washing machine? How safe is it to use various bleaches during washing in the washing machine?
How to BRIGHTEN WHITES Naturally!! (Miracle Laundry No Bleach Required) | Andrea Jean Cleaning
LG Front Loading Washing Machine Sanitize Option. How to Wash White Towels and White Clothes.
There are many recommendations to help cope with the whitening of things that have lost their attractive white color.
Some economy-class whiteners are more aggressive, so it is quite realistic to return yellowed or grayed things to their former freshness. There are many products that contain chlorine.
WASHING WHITE CLOTHES WITH BLEACH / HINTS AND TIPS ON KEEPING WHITES WHITE
Next, we’ll figure out how to use bleach in the washing machine. You’ll get sound advice on how to use bleach correctly.
Why Things Spoil?
To keep your laundry unharmed after treating it with bleach, it’s not enough to know where to pour the product, you also need to know how to use it correctly. If the rules are violated:
Specialists do not recommend using bleaching agents in the automatic dishwasher. But seasoned people assure you it’s all about usage technology and the right dosage. If you do it right, you can get rid of any stains, bleach fabrics and without damaging the machine in the slightest.
How to properly use whitewash when washing and whether the product can be added to the washing machine?
Despite the fact that today for bleaching textiles developed a lot of specialized means, many housewives persistently continue to use “Belize”. With the help of this product you can restore faded things, remove traces of yellowing and acquired gray shade from products.
In this case, do not forget about the increased aggressiveness of the composition. Uncontrolled or improper use of the product can lead to damage to your favorite item of clothing, its rapid wear and tear, and even the appearance of holes in fine and delicate fabrics. Particular attention should be paid to the treatment of white fabric in the washing machine. Even today many specialists consider this procedure to be doubtful and dangerous.
Ways to use whitewash for machine washing
Conduct bleaching of any items with “Belize” in a washing machine, should be carried out only in special cases. After all, there is a reason why the substance is sold in a plastic vessel, because other materials have a destructive effect.
Therefore, when using such an aggressive bleach in the washing machine, it is necessary to observe the basic features:
- The label of the bleach must have a record that the substance is not prohibited for machine washing. Also in the instruction to the washing machine it is required to find the point in which it is spoken, that in the equipment it is not forbidden to use preparations with big m of chlorine.
- When washing laundry, it is recommended to pour the bleach directly into the drum. In this case, far fewer elements will come into contact with chlorine. But the detergent must first be diluted with water according to the directions on the label. Things to be washed must be soaked in cool water.
- Household appliances will be more resistant to bleach if the outlet tubes are not rubber, but plastic. It is very good if the drum of the machine is made of high-strength metal.
- Before you wash with whitewash, it is recommended to check the drum in the machine for negative effects. To do this, it is recommended to soak a cloth in a prepared solution and wipe the drum with it.
- Do not wash at high temperatures. This process can be harmful to both machine and laundry.
- Rinsing a garment several times. And it does not matter what kind of fabric is sewn or how badly soiled the clothes are.
How to properly bleach your clothes in a washing machine
Automatic washing machines and new detergents have made housewives’ jobs much easier, but white things still need special care. Over time, after many washes, white fabrics can acquire a yellow or grayish patina. To get rid of this trouble, use a variety of bleach.
Types of bleach. In stores you can buy powders and liquids, subdivided by composition and principle of action: oxygen, optical and chlorine.
Where to pour the bleach in the washing machine: instructions and tips
All bleach makes things cleaner, gets rid of grayness and yellowing. That’s why it is added to the washing machine. But not all bleach can be poured into an electromechanical washing machine.
Today we’ll tell you what kind of bleach you can use in an automatic washer.
Also advise on how to use and where to put the bleach in your washing machine.
Getting rid of machine dirt and odor
The primary task of Belize is to get rid of the drum of the machine from the unpleasant smell of mustiness, which every now and then torments SM users. And any careless action or disregard for the recommendations of experts can cause such behavior. Not only that, if you do not pay attention to this unpleasant symptom in time, the situation will only worsen, and measures will have to be taken urgently.
As the saying goes, it’s easier to prevent a fire than to put it out. It’s better not to let the machine smell of mustiness in a two-metre radius around it. These are the primary causes of this phenomenon.
- Some housewives neglect special baskets for dirty laundry and put shabby clothes directly into the drum. Because of the high humidity and the presence of bacteria, the smell begins to grow and spread extremely quickly.
- Unpleasant odor is not long in coming if you never air out the drum after washing. It is only necessary to close the door immediately after completion of work, and the next time you will be faced with a terrible smell from inside.
- The amount and quality of household chemicals can also make a difference. For example, if you put too much detergent or rinse aid in, or use a low-quality detergent. In this case, fungus will begin to grow inside the machine, which will lead to the appearance of mold with a characteristic odor.
This will help to avoid soiling and clogging the machine if you start on time. If things get out of hand and you need to act quickly, Bleach really can work wonders. How to get it to work?
- First, pour a liter of Belize in the powder compartment.
- Start washing at the highest temperature possible. As a rule, it is 90-95 degrees.
- Wait until the machine door is quite hot and then pause the wash. Now go about your business for a while.
Warning! To get rid of the bad smell with Belize, you must hold for at least two hours, otherwise all efforts will be in vain. Although bleach is a strong chemical, it is not able to kill all bacteria colonies in five minutes.
- After the required amount of time, drain the machine and turn on the rinse, pouring some vinegar into the detergent compartment at the same time.
- After the washing is finished, turn on the rinse a few more times to wash out the smell of chemicals and vinegar.
Yes, the procedure is undoubtedly very effective. It not only gets rid of the bad smell, but also disinfects and cleans the inside of the machine. But do not overdo it, and use it sparingly. After all, if you don’t rinse the machine properly, your clothes may still smell like chemicals. It is better not to put things in the drum immediately after such disinfection.
How Do They Bleach Your Clothes??
When washing, you can use bleaching agents of different types:
- Based on active oxygen.
- Chlorine bleach is a cheaper bleach. They are more aggressive and can handle the most neglected situations. Housewives use bleaching agents to restore the whitish color even to grayish and faded laundry.
The most popular bleach is bleach “Belizna”. It is a potent compound that can affect not only the contaminated surface of fabrics, but also metal and rubber. But plastic is not afraid of the chlorine solution, which is why it is sold in a plastic container.
About the bad smell
Often users do not observe any regularity, and think about cleaning the washing machine only when there is an unpleasant smell. To avoid this happening:
- It is advisable not to put cooked things in the drum, as they can start to “dry out”.
- Pay attention to whether the drum door is open or always closed, because the open door promotes the removal of humidity and dampness inside.
- It is important to monitor the amount of powder or rinse aid, it can be low-quality. The process of rotting and fungus formation is recreated, the sediment remains and mold is formed there, resulting in a bad smell.
These are the main reasons of unpleasant smell. Let’s talk about how to clean the washing machine from unpleasant odor.