How to wash a washing machine from the dirt with whitewash
“Belizna” is in almost every home, despite the fact that this cleaner belongs to the professional cleaners. The disadvantage of this preparation is its pungent smell. But the low cost and ease of use make it one of the most popular among washing machine owners.
Before you clean your washing machine with whitewash, you need to empty the washing drum of the items in it, and then:
- Pour a liter of detergent “Belizna” into the container for washing powder;
- Run the machine at the maximum temperature. at least 90 degrees;
- After 10-15 minutes. Touch the glass door of the service door with your hand. As soon as it gets as hot as possible, the machine should be paused or turned off;
- It is advisable to let the machine stand with the cleaning solution for an hour or two;
- After a pause. water should be drained and the washer rinsed;
- In the compartment of the conditioner container you need to pour ordinary vinegar ;
- Start the wash once more and rinse twice at the end, without adding anything to the machine.
Ventilate the washing machine
Cleaning the washing machine includes not only the procedures described above. Ventilate the machine from the inside to prevent the formation of mould.
When you finish cleaning, open the door wide so that the inside of the drum can dry naturally. Unpleasant odor remains? Found contaminants? Have to repeat the entire process.
In general, you should make a habit of leaving the door open after each wash. At least until the drum is completely dry. This reduces the likelihood of mold and bacteria growth on the inner surfaces of the washing machine.
Before proceeding to the procedure of dyeing things, you need to study a list of recommendations.
- The pros and cons must be weighed carefully to begin with. Remember that when you dye your clothes amateurishly, expectations and reality can be radically different.
- You must know exactly the composition of the fabric. It is not uncommon at all, when the composition, declared on the label, does not correspond to reality.
- You must determine exactly what color you want. Can be dyed in colors that are slightly darker than the original color of the garment. You can only evaluate the final result objectively once the clothes are completely dry, because the wet color is a little darker. If the shade of diluted paint does not inspire confidence. It’s better not to take any chances, as you could irrevocably ruin the garment. In industrial conditions the dyes are repeatedly tested before dyeing the cloth. With amateur dyeing, there is only one attempt.
- It is desirable to try the paint on a small piece of cloth of similar composition. In this case, you can understand what kind of result to expect.
- Dyeing clothes should be done with the old clothes on. You must have a wet cloth ready to use in case the paint spills.
- If the dye is in the form of powder, it is diluted in water, and then filtered through a couple of layers of gauze.
- Work in rubber gloves so as not to get your hands dirty.
To get a good result, you must clearly follow the instructions that are on the package with the paint.
It is worth bearing in mind that after dyeing, things shed a lot. The water is dyed most at the first wash, then the shedding decreases with each wash.
If you are interested in how to clean the washing machine, you should first familiarize yourself with cleaning products that are on the market. Modern industry produces a large number of substances that can wash the equipment both inside and outside. You can use a simple household cleaner. There are also professional products, using which you can solve such a problem, how to quickly clean a washing machine.
The most important thing is to use the right cleaning products. You can not demand from the substance what it can not do. For example Calgon, will never get rid of limescale, it only softens the water in your washing machine.
How to Clean a Washing Machine CHEAP & EASY No Smell!
Let’s talk about folk remedies and their purpose, which women use when cleaning the washing machine. Let’s start with the most affordable cleaners.
- Baking soda. One of the simplest and most effective means, if you need to remove mold and dirt that appear in the drum and on the rubber seal of the washing machine. Soda is good to clean the container where the powder is poured. In addition, baking soda is a good remedy to make the water softer. On our site you can read an article about how to clean a washing machine with baking soda. this descaler for washing machines is used if it is necessary to clean the parts inside the washing machine: the heating element, drum, and tank.
- A solution of vinegar is used to clean the inside of the machine. In addition, vinegar is excellent for eliminating foreign unpleasant odors. Work with acetic acid is necessary as carefully as possible, and remember that its smell is quite sharp and not quite pleasant.
- Copper sulfate. If there is mold in the washing machine, then copper sulfate is an excellent remedy for its extermination.
- Whiteness. If it is necessary to disinfect and get rid of extraneous odors, the housewives use such a means as “Belizna”. It is necessary to read very carefully the composition of the mixture. If there is chlorine or its derivatives, then do not use this detergent to clean the washing machine.
See also. Reviews of Somat for dishwashers
How to manually wash and soak things in bleach
All white things should be sorted before you bleach them, and it’s best to do this by fabric type. Also separately it is necessary to set aside children’s clothes, they will need to be washed with a reduced dosage of the product, additionally rinsed a few times.
Since you need to use bleach with caution, you’ll need heavy duty household gloves for hand washing and soaking. It is not recommended to inhale the vapors of this product, and after bleaching the room must be ventilated.
Experiment. Bleach- in a Washing Machine
- Fill a basin or trough with a generous amount of cool water and pour the bleach in. On 3.It is recommended that no more than 1 tablespoon of the product be used in 5 liters of water. Do not use hot water or undiluted bleach;
- Soak the garment in soapy water beforehand;
- The resulting mixture should be added to the soaked things;
- Soak the clothes for about 15 minutes. For heavy soiling on dense fabrics, this time can be increased up to 20 minutes;
- After this time the products should be thoroughly rinsed a few times. If the whitening effect does not appear, the whole procedure can be done again.
Particularly careful to rinse underwear, as well as children’s clothes, as the residue of whitewash can cause allergic reactions on the skin. After washing all items should preferably be dried in a well-ventilated place, for example on a balcony or on an outdoor clothesline.
Admittedly, the washing machine in my apartment was the very last place I cleaned. I often forgot that it also requires attention: rinse and dry the powder container, soak the cuff, dry the machine. At times after washing, I would automatically close the door, creating a humid environment in the machine, hence favorable for the formation of mold. On the machine is already accumulating all the muck, and I finish it.
Before I bought the whitewash gel from Sanfor, I tried to remove mold on the cuff Domestos gel and spray (although the manufacturer directly on the packaging states that the product will help deal with black mold). The idea fell through, as these two remedies simply do not take this mold. It only got a little lighter. So I went online to read how to remove black mold from the cuff of the washing machine. And many people advised to use whitewash.
There was no ordinary cheap whitewash in the store, so I bought Sanfor whitewash-gel. It seemed to work even better for my purposes.
Photo of the sealing cuff before using whitewash (after trying to remove mold Domestos) and after:
The result after washing at 60 degrees and Tiretta:
Tried this gel to clean the powder tray of lime deposits and rust, but this idea failed, as it did not cope with the task at all. The tray only got a little cleaner, but the plaque didn’t go anywhere.
On many resources and videos in YouTube, you can find recommendations that you can pour whitewash in the laundry detergent compartment and turn on an idle wash at 90 degrees. Doing so with this gel does not advise, can foaming. Yes, and with ordinary whitewash, too, I am still afraid. Now I can not find the link, but you can look on the Internet experiments with parts of the cross on the drum, which for 15 minutes soaked in various solutions. The whitewash showed a weak, but the reaction.
Before this experiment, I once bought Sanfor whitewash for plumbing. to clean the sink and bathtub and toilet. If the toilet with this gel still somehow coped with the toilet, but that burgundy bathtub (Soviet cast-iron with worn enamel) did not tell me thanks. Photo did not save, but the bathtub was all in white stains, which on this color is very visible. By the way, while washing the cuff on the washer, the gel got on the walls of the machine. I wiped a little, but after drying is still visible where there were jets of product. So for the plumbing, I will not use it anymore. If I don’t need it for the washing machine, I’ll use it for the toilet. Although there is a nicer smelling product for it that does a great job. Same old Toilet Duck.
Out of habit started to wash the cuff without using gloves. I almost always use chemicals in spray form, so there is not much contact with the skin. So it was very hard to rinse the product off my hands. After washing my hands, it was like oil on my hands. That’s why it’s better to wear gloves when handling things.
Several reasons to add vinegar to the washing machine
The power of the usual 9% vinegar in the laundry is really broad.
Clorox Presents Dr. Laundry: Bleach for Beginners
- Makes things soft, pleasant to the body and touch, replaces the conditioner.
- Kills many types of bacteria.
- Helps keep colors of fabrics.
- Bleaches without damaging the fibers.
- Get rid of unpleasant odors, such as sweat or pet marks.
- Removes fresh stains of various origins.
- Works as an antistatic.
- Helps clean your washing machine when you’re doing the laundry.
But that’s not all. In a 1:1 ratio of vinegar and water, you can soak things before washing, which is also quite effective.
The ideal whitening formula: peroxide lemon soda
Lemon juice helps remove tough and stubborn stains
Hydrogen peroxide combined with soda ash and lemon juice gives unimaginable results in whitening laundry. Such a remedy is able to cope even with stubborn stains. Very easy to prepare. Dissolve a teaspoon of peroxide, a tablespoon of baking soda and about the same amount of lemon juice in two liters of hot water. The thing must be soaked in this solution for 10-15 minutes, after which it must be thoroughly rinsed.
The acid in citrus juice penetrates deep into the fibers and effectively removes stubborn stains like sweat, blood, coffee, etc.д. Lemon juice for whitening things has been used for decades.
Almost every home today is equipped with an automatic machine with different modes of washing. Naturally, selecting the usual function is impossible to achieve perfect whiteness of things, so you need to carefully study all the sections of the manual, attached to the clever helper.
- Some machines have several compartments for tabbing detergents, for liquid bleach there is also a special dispenser, it is in it and need to pour the selected solution, it can even be bleach. Dropping from the dispenser into the drum of the machine, the bleach mixes with water and is evenly distributed on the fabric.
- Before loading things into the machine, it is necessary to remove all dirty particles from the laundry, view the seams for accumulated dust, this will prevent the formation of stains.
- Special powders with bleach are available, and it is best to wash clothes using them at 90%.
- Return things to their original whiteness and pre-soaking, most modern washing machines already have such a function.
When whitening laundry in the machine, be sure not to get any colored items to the white stuff, or your efforts may be wasted.