There are several ways to quickly dry gel polish without a lamp, consider the main ones in descending order of effectiveness:
- ice water. Drying with plain water is suitable for light-insensitive gel-lacquers. Put freshly coated hands in very cold water (you can put ice cubes in) for about 15 minutes, the gel polish will harden. You can cure the coating by holding your hands in the freezer for 2-3 minutes;
- cold coating. Hold gel polish in the freezer for about 20 minutes and immediately apply it to the nails, it will dry several times faster;
- catalyst (usually based on cyanoacrylate) can be in the form of ointment, spray or gel. A couple of minutes after applying the nail polish, drop one drop of the substance on the nail plate and distribute over the entire surface. The lacquer will dry in 1-3 minutes;
- olive oil. Apply two or three drops to the plate, spread over the entire surface and wait 5 minutes. Then rinse it off with a stream of cold running water;
- Sunlight. dry your fingers directly in the sunlight, it is a long drying time;
- the blue medical lamp can dry the gel polish, but the process is long;
- A regular hair dryer. The result will be if it is powerful enough and has a mode of cold blowing. Fingers with a fresh coat blow for about 5 minutes with a powerful cold jet, the gel polish should be a single coat. The method is long and the quality of drying is low.
- Apply thin layers. The golden rule of any manicure, the thinner the layer, the faster it dries. You don’t need tons of nail polish on your nails, especially since there is no guarantee that thick layers last longer. like the opposite. In this case, there is a very high risk that the thicker layer will peel off at all.
- Dry after each coat. If you decide to apply several layers of nail polish, you should not do it without a break. Allow one coat to dry for at least one minute. Ideally, of course, you should give the varnish 2 minutes, but if you can’t resist, one will be enough.
- Cold temperature. Fast dry the nail polish on the nails will help cold temperature. In winter, you can open a window and stand for a few minutes in the fresh air.
- An effective way to get a container of cold water and immerse your hands in it for a couple of minutes. Do not do it under running water under any circumstances, because then you can damage the coating. How to properly perform this procedure? Finish your nails and let them dry for two−For three minutes then dip them in cold water. Even the addition of ice cubes is not a waste. Hold in water for about 3 minutes. Take it out and enjoy a great manicure.
- Choose light colors of nail polish. It’s a revelation, but light colored nail polish dries much faster. The reason is that dark colors contain a lot of pigment, so they need more time. What is the best variant? Translucent, pearlescent and metallic shades dry much faster, you will save a lot of time.
- Oil on the nails. A quick tip: Put a few drops of any oil on your nails. Even regular baby oil is great. Wait a few minutes and carefully remove it. Such a simple trick strengthens the nail polish and allows you to dry your nails quickly.
- Use drops for drying the nail polish. These products have an oily formula and help speed up the process, also do not change the color of the polish.
- Use a quick drying varnish. Another way to avoid any agony is to use a quick drying polish. Just two swipes with a brush and you have the perfect manicure.
- Polish from the fridge. You might be surprised, but this method really works. All you need to do is put the nail polish in the refrigerator before applying. Cold nail polish not only lays well, but also dries faster.
It depends on many factors, and primarily on what kind of polish you use. But on average you need from 1 to 2 hours to your manicure is completely dry. All this is provided that you applied a base, two coats of nail polish and a finish coat. That’s why experts recommend doing manicures just when you have a lot of free time.
Although many products allow you to dry your nails in 5−15 minutes.
There are also other factors that affect how to dry nail polish quickly.
- The perfect manicure. Before coating, the nail plate should be well polished, then the nail polish lays much better and dries faster. It is also important not to keep your hands in the water too long, so that the plate does not accumulate unnecessary moisture. Then the nail polish is badly layered and takes a long time to dry.
- The temperature in the room should be average or even cool. Alas, varnish does not like high temperatures and is very reluctant to dry in hot weather.
- The coating must be of high quality, because this also affects the drying time.
How long does it take to dry 1 coat of nail polish?? For this you need at least 2 minutes! Ideally, about 5 minutes is enough. Provided that you have followed all the above conditions. But to dry two layers, you need about 10 minutes, and three layers about 30 minutes.
How to dry gel nail polish without a lamp
Gel nail polish has become an integral part of a woman’s image and now many girls do manicures on their own at home.
They are practical, securely attached to the nail plate, do not crack and do not lose brightness of color.
Once you have such a manicure, you can not worry about the beauty of your nails in the next two or three weeks and do not worry about household chores or even go on vacation at the sea.
The coating is not afraid of either physical effects or salt.
In order for the gel to fix on the nails, you can not do without a special ultraviolet lamp. They are sold in the shops for nail service and are quite reasonably priced.
However, there are times when the lamp is unavailable or has broken. Then the question arises whether you can dry gel varnish without a lamp? Do all gels require ultraviolet drying?
5 Ways To Dry Your Nails Fast!
It turns out that there are gel polishes available from nail product manufacturers that can be fixed without UV rays.
Consider in more detail how you can get a beautiful manicure without special equipment.
How to dry gel nail polish without a manicure lamp?
There are many different ways to polymerize gel polish without a lamp. Consider their options:
- The first method of polymerization is with cold water or freezing. You need to put your hands in cold water or ice for 15 minutes. Another option is to keep your nails in the freezer for 2-3 minutes. It is worth noting that drying with plain water is only suitable for insensitive to light gel lacquers.
- An alternative is to cool the gel polish in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Then it must be applied immediately to the nails, so that the consistency does not have time to heat up. Then cooled gel nail polish will dry several times faster.
- There are additional catalysts, after applying which, the varnish dries in 1-3 minutes. Catalyst is usually in the form of a spray or gel.
- Another way to cure is with sunlight. But this method is time consuming.
- You can also dry gel nail polish with a blue light.
- The easiest way is to dry the gel with a regular hair dryer. We recommend using a cold air blast for 5 minutes to get the desired results. Although this is an easy way, but it is time-consuming and the quality of drying is low.
Warning! These methods of polymerization are only suitable for the group of gel lacquers that are not sensitive to light.
The above methods are effective, but not effective and not long lasting. Gel lacquers that are insensitive to light do not last as long on the nail plate as gel lacquers, which cure in the lamp. We therefore recommend choosing light-sensitive gel lacquers and a professional drying lamp. This choice is fast and effective. Many supporters of gel nail polish, which does not require ultraviolet light, believe that such a manicure is more budget-friendly and better. But if you analyze the situation, no. Quality lamps are long lasting and gel polish that cures in a lamp is more reliable and lasts longer. So choosing this method of drying in the lamp, the number of times a manicure is reduced, therefore spent less costly resources: time, material and additional resources. Gel lacquers that polymerize in the lamp is the best and fastest option.
How to Hold a Hand in the Lamp Properly?
It is very important to hold your hand in the lamp properly, because this determines how well the coating dries. So how to do it right?
How #Dry #GEL NAIL polish at home| Gel nail polish tricks| DRY GEL POLISH WITHOUT UV light
- The hand should lie parallel to the table, not to the side, otherwise the material will drip;
- Do not press your fingers together, relax your hand. If you squeeze your fingers, there is a chance that the material at the side walls will not dry well;⠀ ⠀
- Never take your hand out of the lamp before the curing time when curing colored gel nail polish! The color may not dry properly and may shrink!
- Pay particular attention to the thumbs. Dry them separately, without pressing too hard or pushing them sideways.
How to Dry Gel Nail Polish at Home without a UV Lamp
A beginner is enough to buy a starter kit, such as a set of gel nail polish PNB, as well as a UV lamp. But what if you do not have enough money for the lamp device or the existing device is out of order?? The answer. to use alternatives, which will be discussed in this article.
Beauty Hacks: Fail or Holy Grail? Drying Nails in Cold Water | Ellko
How to dry gel polish without a lamp at home? Useful tips and reviews
How to dry gel nail polish without a lamp at home? We’ll cover this in detail in our article. Not all girls and women nowadays can take the opportunity to apply gel-polish in beauty salons. In such a case, the need to take care of your nails by yourself arises.
Gel nail polish, another name for shellac, is the most famous and recognizable coating today. Such varnish dries with a special ultraviolet lamp. However, not everyone has it, or it is possible that it is broken, what to do in such a case? Can I dry gel nail polish without a lamp?? Yes, it can be done. How to dry gel nail polish without a UV lamp? Let’s get this straight.
Features of the procedure
As noted above, the peculiarity of the procedure is the special conditions of drying the coating in the lamp. Use a UV, LED or combined type of lamp.
Theoretically it is possible to dry regular gel polish (if it is not a special non-light-sensitive product) and without a lamp, because the sun’s rays also contain ultraviolet.
Only it will take a long time, and the quality of manicure will leave much to be desired. uneven drying in the fresh air will lead to peeling, bloating and staining your natural nail. Therefore, it is better to use a special lamp. the good thing is that there are many to choose from.
The power of the lamp determines the drying time. In general, manufacturers produce UV lamps with power from 9 to 54 watts, LED devices with a range of 12-45 watts and a hybrid with 36 watts of power.
A UV lamp is great for drying shellac with the appropriate label. In the LED model it is customary to dry the product marked “LED”. The hybrid lamp is suitable for drying any gel polish.
Gel nail polish is a hybrid of insoluble gel for extensions and the usual nail polish. It is unique in its polymer structure and the minimal amount of solvents responsible for the rapid drying of conventional varnish. On the one hand, it provides a phenomenal resistance, but on the other hand, makes it impossible to dry gel polish without a special ultraviolet or LED-lamp, the waves of which can cause a change in the molecular compounds and increase their strength.
Therefore, if you decide to use gel polish at home, without a special lamp, alas, can not do.