How to use the self-cleaning function?
It is possible to clean the steam generator with the self-cleaning system. The appliance has a special cartridge which softens the water. To clean it, do the following steps:
BRAUN CareStyle 5 Steam Generator Iron
- Fill the whole reservoir with water.
- Set the highest evaporating temperature.
- Start shaking the appliance over the sink. You must press and hold the special button on the body to activate the.
As a result of the steps performed, the scale formed should escape with the steam through the holes in the soleplate. Repeat the procedure several times until it has the desired effect. At the end, wipe the iron soleplate. Test the iron on an unnecessary piece of fabric before you iron it for the first time, otherwise you may get your clothes dirty.
Braun CareStyle 3 IS 3041 manual
View instructions for Braun CareStyle 3 IS 3041 free of charge. This manual is categorized as Generators, 28 people(s) gave it an average rating of 8.2. The manual is available in the following languages: Russian, English. Do you have a question about the Braun CareStyle 3 IS 3041 or do you need help?? Ask your question here
Braun CareStyle 5 Pro IS 5056 manual
View instructions for the Braun CareStyle 5 Pro IS 5056 for free. Manual is categorized under Generators, 5 people(s) gave it an average rating of 8.8. This manual is available in the following languages: Russian, English. Do you have a question about the Braun CareStyle 5 Pro IS 5056 or need help?? Ask your question here
Braun carestyle 3 Steam Generator Repair
Yuri Moscow Braun CareStyle 5 IS5022 Steam Generators
Hello. Braun CareStyle 5 IS5022 stopped producing steam. The relay just clicks when I press the button on the handle, but the pump doesn’t work and there is no steam. I poured the citric acid through the cleaning valve on the side, turned it on, heated up, waited. the steam was flowing properly and even pumped from the external tank periodically. I turn it on in the morning. the pump went off, a bit of steam sprayed and again empty inside, only the relay clicks, when you press the knob. Т.е., Despite the noise of the pump, the water still does not flow into the steam heater. What to do?
Good afternoon! The problem is either the pump or the valve.
Pump disassembled and in perfect condition (water has always filled from the reverse osmosis). I will try to see if it’s pumping with the pump outlet removed.
Afternoon! Based on our experience, I can assume that with a high probability of such a defect gives the pump itself.
Disassembled the pump. in perfect condition (always filled with water from the reverse osmosis). I will try to see if the pump is pumping with the pump outlet removed
The system with the Eloxal 3DPlus BackGlide soleplate function, which facilitates the iron’s movement on any fabric. The large water tank of two liters provides long hours of ironing without refill of liquid.
It can be used both vertically and horizontally. You can iron without steam like a regular iron. The only disadvantages are the weight of the iron, which is difficult for some people to work with.
How to clean the steam generator from scale inside
Steam generators have appeared relatively recently, but they quickly squeezed the usual irons. Units are superior to their predecessors in many ways, but one: susceptibility to the formation of deposits. So housewives must periodically decide how to clean the steam generator from scale: to use built-in programs or wash home or store means.
How to descale the steam generator (steam iron, steamer)?
In the majority of modern models of steam generators (steamers, steam irons), of such well-known brands as Tefal (Tefal), Philips (Philips), Bosch (Bosch), Kercher (Karcher), Braun (Braun), there is a special indicator which automatically actuates (there is a sound signal or a flashing or glowing signal light) when the steam iron requires removing the scale, while the iron itself may automatically stop working until it is cleaned.
Once it’s time to descale your clothes steamer (steam generator), you can use it:
- Automatic steam cleaning function to descale the inside of your steam iron.
- Special decalcifying agents (there are many special and universal decalcifying agents available in stores, even from the steam generator manufacturers themselves).
- Citric acid.
Consider below separately how to clean the steam generator from scale at home, using each of the listed methods (the use of special descaler cleaners is in the same sequence as the citric acid, and the proportions of its use are indicated on the package by the manufacturer).
Free up time for more important things.
Produces twice as much steam as conventional irons, and cuts the ironing time in half. 100% higher steam output: you do not have to iron one piece of fabric a few times. Based on tests in the Braun lab compared to the TexStyle 5
1551098106/globalassets/product-story-page/carestyle-5-pro-new/carestyle-5-update-2019/braun_steamgeneratedirons_carestyle5_section02_freeglide_1080x1215.jpg?w=420h=473″ alt=”Braun CareStyle 5 steam generator iron. Ergonomics” width=”” /
Types of steam heaters
Cleaning the steam generator depends on the steam generator. There are two types in total:
- Pump action devices. In these steam heaters, steam is ejected due to the high pressure created by the evaporation of water. Pomp steam generators are comfortable, easy to use. However, they are quite expensive and the construction is complicated. That’s why these devices can’t be cleaned by yourself. Should you have any problems, please contact your service center. And it is recommended that you take your steam generators in for a routine inspection once or twice a year.
- Self-watering units. This steam heater produces steam gradually as it evaporates. Steam generators are easy to use, and can be cleaned of limescale with improvised means. It is recommended to clean them once a month for prevention, especially if they are used constantly.
Iron brands such as Philips and Tefal, already have a function to clean the scale, so you do not have to bother with them. As for the other appliances, you have to wash them yourself. But first let’s understand why we need to clean the equipment from scale in general?
Types of steam heaters
Cleaning the steam generator depends on the type of steam generator. There are two types of steam generators:
- Pumped devices. In these steam heaters, steam is ejected due to the high pressure created by the evaporation of water. Pomp steam generators are convenient, easy to use. However, they are quite expensive, and their design is complicated. That’s why these devices can’t be cleaned by yourself. Contact a service center in case of problems. It is also recommended to bring the pump steam generators for preventive maintenance 1-2 times a year.
- Backwash generators. With these steam heaters, steam comes on gradually as it evaporates. The oil-fired generators are easy to use and they can be cleaned of limescale with improvised means. They are recommended to be cleaned once a month for prevention, especially if used on a regular basis.
Steam irons from brands like Philips and Tefal already have a limescale removal feature, so you don’t have to bother with them. As for the rest of the devices, you have to wash them yourself. But first let’s see why we need to descale our appliances at all?